May 21, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
That was New York forward Rick Nash, talking today about the “good opportunity” the Rangers have given themselves after winning the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final in Montreal.
When asked how the Rangers can “keep the pedal to the metal as team,” Nash replied: “I think we’ve got to focus on our keys. This whole series so far we’ve had a process that we’re trying to follow, a game plan that [coach Alain Vigneault's] put out. And we’ve got to follow that. Nothing can change.”
It’s a good question, because keeping the pedal to the metal has been a problem for teams in these playoffs. Whether we’re talking about all the blown leads we’ve seen during games, or the blown series leads (one in particular), it’s clear that a desperate team can be a dangerous team. And the Canadiens are definitely in a desperate situation.
It should also be noted that the Rangers were outplayed for much of Game 2, and it took a 40-save effort from Henrik Lundqvist to get the win.
So really, the question could’ve been, how can New York put the pedal back down to the metal? Because the last thing the Rangers want is to let the Canadiens back into this thing. If this series gets back to Montreal, the Habs will have life.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)