May 21, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
That was New York forward Rick Nash, talking today about the “good opportunity” the Rangers have given themselves after winning the first two games of the Eastern Conference Final in Montreal.
When asked how the Rangers can “keep the pedal to the metal as team,” Nash replied: “I think we’ve got to focus on our keys. This whole series so far we’ve had a process that we’re trying to follow, a game plan that [coach Alain Vigneault’s] put out. And we’ve got to follow that. Nothing can change.”
It’s a good question, because keeping the pedal to the metal has been a problem for teams in these playoffs. Whether we’re talking about all the blown leads we’ve seen during games, or the blown series leads (one in particular), it’s clear that a desperate team can be a dangerous team. And the Canadiens are definitely in a desperate situation.
It should also be noted that the Rangers were outplayed for much of Game 2, and it took a 40-save effort from Henrik Lundqvist to get the win.
So really, the question could’ve been, how can New York put the pedal back down to the metal? Because the last thing the Rangers want is to let the Canadiens back into this thing. If this series gets back to Montreal, the Habs will have life.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)