May 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
KHL.hr indicates that he’d be the first player from Croatia to make the NHL if he manages to get that far. (There appears to be no evidence to the contrary, but if you find any, feel free to mention it in the comments.)
CapGeek indicates that it would be a two-year deal with a $620K cap hit at the NHL level and a $60K salary if he played in the AHL. Do note that the Avalanche haven’t provided a press release about Rendulic at this time.
Rendulic scored 11 goals and 32 points while collecting 34 penalty minutes and a -1 rating during the 2013-14 season with the SM-liiga’s HPK Hameenlinna.
It’s difficult to forecast his NHL chances, but if he makes it, his name certainly lends itself to puns:
“Born again” and maybe even “Bourne Supremacy/Identity” puns could also work well, depending on the situation.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)