May 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
KHL.hr indicates that he’d be the first player from Croatia to make the NHL if he manages to get that far. (There appears to be no evidence to the contrary, but if you find any, feel free to mention it in the comments.)
CapGeek indicates that it would be a two-year deal with a $620K cap hit at the NHL level and a $60K salary if he played in the AHL. Do note that the Avalanche haven’t provided a press release about Rendulic at this time.
Rendulic scored 11 goals and 32 points while collecting 34 penalty minutes and a -1 rating during the 2013-14 season with the SM-liiga’s HPK Hameenlinna.
It’s difficult to forecast his NHL chances, but if he makes it, his name certainly lends itself to puns:
“Born again” and maybe even “Bourne Supremacy/Identity” puns could also work well, depending on the situation.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)