May 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
KHL.hr indicates that he’d be the first player from Croatia to make the NHL if he manages to get that far. (There appears to be no evidence to the contrary, but if you find any, feel free to mention it in the comments.)
CapGeek indicates that it would be a two-year deal with a $620K cap hit at the NHL level and a $60K salary if he played in the AHL. Do note that the Avalanche haven’t provided a press release about Rendulic at this time.
Rendulic scored 11 goals and 32 points while collecting 34 penalty minutes and a -1 rating during the 2013-14 season with the SM-liiga’s HPK Hameenlinna.
It’s difficult to forecast his NHL chances, but if he makes it, his name certainly lends itself to puns:
“Born again” and maybe even “Bourne Supremacy/Identity” puns could also work well, depending on the situation.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)