May 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
KHL.hr indicates that he’d be the first player from Croatia to make the NHL if he manages to get that far. (There appears to be no evidence to the contrary, but if you find any, feel free to mention it in the comments.)
CapGeek indicates that it would be a two-year deal with a $620K cap hit at the NHL level and a $60K salary if he played in the AHL. Do note that the Avalanche haven’t provided a press release about Rendulic at this time.
Rendulic scored 11 goals and 32 points while collecting 34 penalty minutes and a -1 rating during the 2013-14 season with the SM-liiga’s HPK Hameenlinna.
It’s difficult to forecast his NHL chances, but if he makes it, his name certainly lends itself to puns:
“Born again” and maybe even “Bourne Supremacy/Identity” puns could also work well, depending on the situation.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)