May 20, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
KHL.hr indicates that he’d be the first player from Croatia to make the NHL if he manages to get that far. (There appears to be no evidence to the contrary, but if you find any, feel free to mention it in the comments.)
CapGeek indicates that it would be a two-year deal with a $620K cap hit at the NHL level and a $60K salary if he played in the AHL. Do note that the Avalanche haven’t provided a press release about Rendulic at this time.
Rendulic scored 11 goals and 32 points while collecting 34 penalty minutes and a -1 rating during the 2013-14 season with the SM-liiga’s HPK Hameenlinna.
It’s difficult to forecast his NHL chances, but if he makes it, his name certainly lends itself to puns:
“Born again” and maybe even “Bourne Supremacy/Identity” puns could also work well, depending on the situation.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (41)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)