May 19, 2014, 8:39 PM EDT
Didn’t take long for New York to snuff out Montreal’s bright start at the Bell Center.
The Canadiens got off to a dream start in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals, taking a 1-0 lead just 6:14 into the game when a hardworking cycle shift resulted in Max Pacioretty banking home his first goal and point of the series:
But, as mentioned above, Montreal’s good vibes were short-lived.
The goal continued McDonagh’s offensive assault on the Habs — through four periods of action this series, the Rangers rearguard has two goals and three assists, putting him just four points back of P.K. Subban for the scoring lead among defensemen this postseason.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)