May 19, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
With that, it looks like the Ryan Miller era in St. Louis is over. The Blues gave up Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, their 2015 first round pick, and 2016 third round pick (assuming Miller’s rights aren’t traded as the conditional picks situation gets more complicated if they are) in exchange for Miller and forward Steve Ott on Feb. 28. When the deal was made, it looked like the Blues would be serious Stanley Cup contenders.
It didn’t work out like that as St. Louis ended up losing in the first round to the Chicago Blackhawks. Miller finished with a lackluster 2.70 GAA and .897 save percentage in the playoffs.
Instead, Elliott is likely to compete for the starting job with 23-year-old goaltender Jake Allen, who Blues GM Doug Armstrong previously indicated would be one of the team’s two netminders in 2014-15. Allen is highly regarded by St. Louis and is coming off a strong AHL campaign where he posted a 2.03 GAA and .928 save percentage in 52 games.
Elliott had a 1.96 GAA and .922 save percentage in 31 contests in 2013-14.
Brian Elliott’s 3 yr deal $2.3 $2.5 $2.7 #stlblues
— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) May 19, 2014
Jul 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He struggled in his first year pro split between the AHL and ECHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
He was bought out by Carolina last week.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
He’ll make $650,000 at the NHL level and $250,000 in the AHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Hearings will take place in Toronto from July 20 to August 4
Jul 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It’s reportedly a two-way contract worth $600,000.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
The deal will reportedly pay him $4.1 million next season.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
His peak came in 2013-14: 19 goals, 51 points.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Perhaps Blue Jackets prospects can learn from his scrappy ways.
Jul 5, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Some depth for the Bolts.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
He shared his story (and struggles) this past week.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
It may leave them in a “cap vise.”
Jul 5, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
That doesn’t guarantee that a hearing would take place, though.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky is the latest to pipe up.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Vancouver started its development camp this weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
His offensive totals were down, but was regularly used on penalty kill.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Spent most of the 2014-15 season in the OHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
They had agreed to terms last weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Played 37 games with Edmonton last season before getting sent back to the WHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He signed with Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)