May 19, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
With that, it looks like the Ryan Miller era in St. Louis is over. The Blues gave up Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, their 2015 first round pick, and 2016 third round pick (assuming Miller’s rights aren’t traded as the conditional picks situation gets more complicated if they are) in exchange for Miller and forward Steve Ott on Feb. 28. When the deal was made, it looked like the Blues would be serious Stanley Cup contenders.
It didn’t work out like that as St. Louis ended up losing in the first round to the Chicago Blackhawks. Miller finished with a lackluster 2.70 GAA and .897 save percentage in the playoffs.
Instead, Elliott is likely to compete for the starting job with 23-year-old goaltender Jake Allen, who Blues GM Doug Armstrong previously indicated would be one of the team’s two netminders in 2014-15. Allen is highly regarded by St. Louis and is coming off a strong AHL campaign where he posted a 2.03 GAA and .928 save percentage in 52 games.
Elliott had a 1.96 GAA and .922 save percentage in 31 contests in 2013-14.
Brian Elliott’s 3 yr deal $2.3 $2.5 $2.7 #stlblues
— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) May 19, 2014
Aug 3, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
He’ll have a tough time maintaining a top-six role though.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Despite all the splashy moves, patience likely will be needed.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
It’s another arbitration win for Ottawa.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Pondering a rebuilding process that took a leap.
Aug 3, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Perhaps you can broaden this to “keeping the puck out of their net.”
Aug 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The league estimates such a process could cost about $13.5 million.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:57 AM EDT
In all likelihood Jack Eichel is going to make the team, but what about Buffalo’s other second overall pick?
Aug 3, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
This is his chance to prove he’s a real No. 1 goalie.
Aug 3, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
Ron DeGregorio rounded out the group.
Aug 3, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The worst should be behind them.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Aug 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Is his poor Game 7 record reflective of anything?
Aug 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
In other words, how much longer will Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, and Ryan Kesler stay at the top of their game?
Aug 2, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
His newly signed two-year deal is an opportunity for
Aug 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
He’s got the size and skill to potentially make an impact.
Aug 2, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Andersen, Gibson & Khudobin have a combined 27 Stanley Cup playoff games on their resume.
Aug 2, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Will all of them play in 2015-16?
Aug 2, 2015, 11:48 AM EDT
That will eat up his first year of UFA eligibility.
Aug 2, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
Can they close to final gap between them and the Stanley Cup?
Aug 2, 2015, 9:48 AM EDT
They avoided an arbitration judgment.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)