May 19, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
With that, it looks like the Ryan Miller era in St. Louis is over. The Blues gave up Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, their 2015 first round pick, and 2016 third round pick (assuming Miller’s rights aren’t traded as the conditional picks situation gets more complicated if they are) in exchange for Miller and forward Steve Ott on Feb. 28. When the deal was made, it looked like the Blues would be serious Stanley Cup contenders.
It didn’t work out like that as St. Louis ended up losing in the first round to the Chicago Blackhawks. Miller finished with a lackluster 2.70 GAA and .897 save percentage in the playoffs.
Instead, Elliott is likely to compete for the starting job with 23-year-old goaltender Jake Allen, who Blues GM Doug Armstrong previously indicated would be one of the team’s two netminders in 2014-15. Allen is highly regarded by St. Louis and is coming off a strong AHL campaign where he posted a 2.03 GAA and .928 save percentage in 52 games.
Elliott had a 1.96 GAA and .922 save percentage in 31 contests in 2013-14.
Brian Elliott’s 3 yr deal $2.3 $2.5 $2.7 #stlblues
— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) May 19, 2014
Jan 24, 2015, 10:03 PM EST
See you all tomorrow.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:41 PM EST
Florida’s All-Star goalie never gave up on it.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:14 PM EST
Just 0.3 away from Zdeno Chara’s all-time record.
Jan 24, 2015, 9:09 PM EST
Jan 24, 2015, 8:34 PM EST
Team Foligno running away with this.
Jan 24, 2015, 8:21 PM EST
That’s an all-time screencap right there.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:55 PM EST
Team Foligno sweeps first competition.
Jan 24, 2015, 7:09 PM EST
Johnny Hockey gets the nod.
Jan 24, 2015, 6:20 PM EST
Has gone from forward to defense, back to forward and back to defense.
Jan 24, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
He’s ranked fourth in Central Scouting’s mid-term rankings.
Jan 24, 2015, 5:23 PM EST
Bragging rights on the line.
Jan 24, 2015, 5:21 PM EST
And what will the team look like?
Jan 24, 2015, 4:55 PM EST
It’s expected to be around $71.6 million to $72.2 million for the 2015-16 season.
Jan 24, 2015, 4:09 PM EST
Slovenia’s (and Los Angeles’) Anze Kopitar figures to play a prominent role.
Jan 24, 2015, 4:02 PM EST
Will fans care? Is it fair?
Jan 24, 2015, 2:34 PM EST
“People are intrigued by this. There are going to be great storylines.”
Jan 24, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
Gillette Stadium, TCF Bank Stadium and Coors Field will play hosts
Jan 24, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
It all gets going at 7 p.m. ET on NBCSN.
Jan 24, 2015, 12:46 PM EST
“Again, I’ll repeat that for this team to be even remotely close to missing the playoffs isn’t something we can be happy about.”
Jan 24, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
The 21-year-old is learning what it takes to be an NHL regular.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)