May 19, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
With that, it looks like the Ryan Miller era in St. Louis is over. The Blues gave up Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, their 2015 first round pick, and 2016 third round pick (assuming Miller’s rights aren’t traded as the conditional picks situation gets more complicated if they are) in exchange for Miller and forward Steve Ott on Feb. 28. When the deal was made, it looked like the Blues would be serious Stanley Cup contenders.
It didn’t work out like that as St. Louis ended up losing in the first round to the Chicago Blackhawks. Miller finished with a lackluster 2.70 GAA and .897 save percentage in the playoffs.
Instead, Elliott is likely to compete for the starting job with 23-year-old goaltender Jake Allen, who Blues GM Doug Armstrong previously indicated would be one of the team’s two netminders in 2014-15. Allen is highly regarded by St. Louis and is coming off a strong AHL campaign where he posted a 2.03 GAA and .928 save percentage in 52 games.
Elliott had a 1.96 GAA and .922 save percentage in 31 contests in 2013-14.
Brian Elliott’s 3 yr deal $2.3 $2.5 $2.7 #stlblues
— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) May 19, 2014
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Friday’s interesting tidbits in one spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
His critics get one fewer straw to grasp.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly work in the player development department.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Everyone that was at his Hamburg home during the night of the alleged incident, to be exacted.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
Sep 3, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
His availability for the season opener is in doubt.
Sep 3, 2015, 2:03 PM EDT
Bruins d-man is using them as motivation for a bounce-back campaign.
Sep 3, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
This should be good.
Sep 3, 2015, 11:42 AM EDT
Where he worked with — wait for it — current Minnesota starter Devan Dubnyk.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)