May 19, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
With that, it looks like the Ryan Miller era in St. Louis is over. The Blues gave up Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, their 2015 first round pick, and 2016 third round pick (assuming Miller’s rights aren’t traded as the conditional picks situation gets more complicated if they are) in exchange for Miller and forward Steve Ott on Feb. 28. When the deal was made, it looked like the Blues would be serious Stanley Cup contenders.
It didn’t work out like that as St. Louis ended up losing in the first round to the Chicago Blackhawks. Miller finished with a lackluster 2.70 GAA and .897 save percentage in the playoffs.
Instead, Elliott is likely to compete for the starting job with 23-year-old goaltender Jake Allen, who Blues GM Doug Armstrong previously indicated would be one of the team’s two netminders in 2014-15. Allen is highly regarded by St. Louis and is coming off a strong AHL campaign where he posted a 2.03 GAA and .928 save percentage in 52 games.
Elliott had a 1.96 GAA and .922 save percentage in 31 contests in 2013-14.
Brian Elliott’s 3 yr deal $2.3 $2.5 $2.7 #stlblues
— Andy Strickland (@andystrickland) May 19, 2014
Oct 30, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Nice feed to Kunitz
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Two big boys land some pretty good shots.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Abdominal injury hits the center once again.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Adds depth as Toronto travels to Columbus.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
“I don’t know too many people who jump into the league at 19 (years old) and are playing 22 minutes a night, it just doesn’t really happen.”
Oct 30, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Sophomore winger inching closer to a return.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
We debate — Buffalo or Carolina?
Oct 30, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Played just 5:46 Tuesday in Calgary.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
All the news and notes from around the crease…
Oct 30, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Which is important, because good defensive teams win Stanley Cups.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
For the EIHL’s Belfast Giants.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Just one point in his last five games.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Click for video proof.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
St. Louis’ health woes continue.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
“So we need to get better or things are going to change around here probably sooner rather than later.”
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
We should find out after tonight’s game.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s won three of its last four.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
He appeared in 36 games last year.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
If you’re curious what a buyout would cost the Wings, click on the post.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Wild still suffering from Monday’s loss to the Rangers.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 3
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)