May 19, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
From Montreal Canadiens reporter Eric Engels:
And since echoed by Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports:
In case you just woke up or something, Carey Price is hurt and the Habs say he’ll miss the rest of the Eastern Conference Final. Hence, the big decision for coach Michel Therrien.
Therrien has two options to replace Price — regular back-up Peter Budaj, or 24-year-old Dustin Tokarski, who’s only started seven NHL games in his career, but shut out the Sabres in his last appearance for Montreal on March 16.
Tokarski has also won the Memorial Cup, as a member of the 2008 Spokane Chiefs; he’s won gold for Canada, at the World Juniors in 2009; and he’s won the Calder Cup, in 2012 with the Norfolk Admirals.
Budaj, meanwhile, was not particularly impressive during the regular season (10-8-3, .909 save percentage) and allowed three goals on eight Rangers shots in relief of Price in Game 1.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 20
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 10
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)