May 19, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
From Montreal Canadiens reporter Eric Engels:
And since echoed by Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports:
In case you just woke up or something, Carey Price is hurt and the Habs say he’ll miss the rest of the Eastern Conference Final. Hence, the big decision for coach Michel Therrien.
Therrien has two options to replace Price — regular back-up Peter Budaj, or 24-year-old Dustin Tokarski, who’s only started seven NHL games in his career, but shut out the Sabres in his last appearance for Montreal on March 16.
Tokarski has also won the Memorial Cup, as a member of the 2008 Spokane Chiefs; he’s won gold for Canada, at the World Juniors in 2009; and he’s won the Calder Cup, in 2012 with the Norfolk Admirals.
Budaj, meanwhile, was not particularly impressive during the regular season (10-8-3, .909 save percentage) and allowed three goals on eight Rangers shots in relief of Price in Game 1.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11