May 19, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Alain Vigneault would not reveal his Game 2 lineup after Monday morning’s skate at Bell Centre, but center Derick Brassard did not take line rushes and a teammate flat-out said: “Brass is out.”
So Dominic Moore was set to start a second straight game as the center between Benoit Pouliot and Mats Zuccarello, with Dan Carcillo preparing to dress on a fourth line with Brian Boyle at center and Derek Dorsett on the opposite wing.
Early in the first period of Game 1, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench, but wasn’t there for long as he quickly headed to the locker room and didn’t return.
Brassard, 26, is tied for second on the team in goals this postseason, with four, and was averaging just under 15 minutes a night.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)