May 19, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Alain Vigneault would not reveal his Game 2 lineup after Monday morning’s skate at Bell Centre, but center Derick Brassard did not take line rushes and a teammate flat-out said: “Brass is out.”
So Dominic Moore was set to start a second straight game as the center between Benoit Pouliot and Mats Zuccarello, with Dan Carcillo preparing to dress on a fourth line with Brian Boyle at center and Derek Dorsett on the opposite wing.
Early in the first period of Game 1, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench, but wasn’t there for long as he quickly headed to the locker room and didn’t return.
Brassard, 26, is tied for second on the team in goals this postseason, with four, and was averaging just under 15 minutes a night.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)