May 19, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Kreider’s doesn’t agree with Therrien’s assessment, but he does wish things had turned out differently.
“I look back on it and think I wish I would’ve put it in the net,” Kreider said, per the Star-Ledger. “Obviously I was trying to score a goal. I put it wide. It was a bang-bang play. Everything happened pretty quickly.”
You watch see the play below:
The 23-year-old forward doesn’t think he’ll be targeted by the Canadiens as retribution for Price’s injury. Rangers coach Alain Vigneault didn’t want to make such a prediction.
“I can’t speak for how they’re going to react,” Vigneault said. “I can just tell you how we’re going to play. Kreider is a good player, an honest player like the rest of our team. We play a straight-forward game, whistle to whistle and that’s not going to change tonight.”
When asked, Therrien made it clear that the Canadiens had to focus on the Rangers as a team rather than Kreider. After all, as big as this setback is for the Canadiens, they are still within striking distance of the Stanley Cup Final. Who knows when they’ll get an opportunity like this again.
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 0
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 8
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)