May 19, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
Kreider’s doesn’t agree with Therrien’s assessment, but he does wish things had turned out differently.
“I look back on it and think I wish I would’ve put it in the net,” Kreider said, per the Star-Ledger. “Obviously I was trying to score a goal. I put it wide. It was a bang-bang play. Everything happened pretty quickly.”
You watch see the play below:
The 23-year-old forward doesn’t think he’ll be targeted by the Canadiens as retribution for Price’s injury. Rangers coach Alain Vigneault didn’t want to make such a prediction.
“I can’t speak for how they’re going to react,” Vigneault said. “I can just tell you how we’re going to play. Kreider is a good player, an honest player like the rest of our team. We play a straight-forward game, whistle to whistle and that’s not going to change tonight.”
When asked, Therrien made it clear that the Canadiens had to focus on the Rangers as a team rather than Kreider. After all, as big as this setback is for the Canadiens, they are still within striking distance of the Stanley Cup Final. Who knows when they’ll get an opportunity like this again.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)