May 19, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Kreider’s doesn’t agree with Therrien’s assessment, but he does wish things had turned out differently.
“I look back on it and think I wish I would’ve put it in the net,” Kreider said, per the Star-Ledger. “Obviously I was trying to score a goal. I put it wide. It was a bang-bang play. Everything happened pretty quickly.”
You watch see the play below:
The 23-year-old forward doesn’t think he’ll be targeted by the Canadiens as retribution for Price’s injury. Rangers coach Alain Vigneault didn’t want to make such a prediction.
“I can’t speak for how they’re going to react,” Vigneault said. “I can just tell you how we’re going to play. Kreider is a good player, an honest player like the rest of our team. We play a straight-forward game, whistle to whistle and that’s not going to change tonight.”
When asked, Therrien made it clear that the Canadiens had to focus on the Rangers as a team rather than Kreider. After all, as big as this setback is for the Canadiens, they are still within striking distance of the Stanley Cup Final. Who knows when they’ll get an opportunity like this again.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)