May 19, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
Corey Crawford: 9-4 with a .933 save percentage and 1.90 goals-against average, on a Blackhawks team that has a 1-0 lead on the Los Angeles Kings in the Western Conference Final.
Henrik Lundqvist: 9-6 with a .929 save percentage and 1.99 GAA, on a Rangers team that has a 1-0 lead on the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference Final, and now without Carey Price in the opposite goal.
Anze Kopitar: Leads all playoff scorers with 19 points, on a resilient Kings team that won’t be particularly frazzled after losing Game 1 in Chicago.
If we had to pick a candidate for the Canadiens, we’d have to say PK Subban. But Montreal’s chances have taken a huge hit with Price’s injury.
Other potential candidates, still with the most important games to come: Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, Marian Gaborik, Marian Hossa, Martin St. Louis, Mats Zuccarello, Brad Richards, Jeff Carter, and Drew Doughty.
And we’ll keep Price in the conversation too, just because you never know.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)