May 19, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Corey Crawford: 9-4 with a .933 save percentage and 1.90 goals-against average, on a Blackhawks team that has a 1-0 lead on the Los Angeles Kings in the Western Conference Final.
Henrik Lundqvist: 9-6 with a .929 save percentage and 1.99 GAA, on a Rangers team that has a 1-0 lead on the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference Final, and now without Carey Price in the opposite goal.
Anze Kopitar: Leads all playoff scorers with 19 points, on a resilient Kings team that won’t be particularly frazzled after losing Game 1 in Chicago.
If we had to pick a candidate for the Canadiens, we’d have to say PK Subban. But Montreal’s chances have taken a huge hit with Price’s injury.
Other potential candidates, still with the most important games to come: Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, Marian Gaborik, Marian Hossa, Martin St. Louis, Mats Zuccarello, Brad Richards, Jeff Carter, and Drew Doughty.
And we’ll keep Price in the conversation too, just because you never know.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5