May 19, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
Corey Crawford: 9-4 with a .933 save percentage and 1.90 goals-against average, on a Blackhawks team that has a 1-0 lead on the Los Angeles Kings in the Western Conference Final.
Henrik Lundqvist: 9-6 with a .929 save percentage and 1.99 GAA, on a Rangers team that has a 1-0 lead on the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference Final, and now without Carey Price in the opposite goal.
Anze Kopitar: Leads all playoff scorers with 19 points, on a resilient Kings team that won’t be particularly frazzled after losing Game 1 in Chicago.
If we had to pick a candidate for the Canadiens, we’d have to say PK Subban. But Montreal’s chances have taken a huge hit with Price’s injury.
Other potential candidates, still with the most important games to come: Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, Marian Gaborik, Marian Hossa, Martin St. Louis, Mats Zuccarello, Brad Richards, Jeff Carter, and Drew Doughty.
And we’ll keep Price in the conversation too, just because you never know.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4