May 19, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
Corey Crawford: 9-4 with a .933 save percentage and 1.90 goals-against average, on a Blackhawks team that has a 1-0 lead on the Los Angeles Kings in the Western Conference Final.
Henrik Lundqvist: 9-6 with a .929 save percentage and 1.99 GAA, on a Rangers team that has a 1-0 lead on the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference Final, and now without Carey Price in the opposite goal.
Anze Kopitar: Leads all playoff scorers with 19 points, on a resilient Kings team that won’t be particularly frazzled after losing Game 1 in Chicago.
If we had to pick a candidate for the Canadiens, we’d have to say PK Subban. But Montreal’s chances have taken a huge hit with Price’s injury.
Other potential candidates, still with the most important games to come: Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, Marian Gaborik, Marian Hossa, Martin St. Louis, Mats Zuccarello, Brad Richards, Jeff Carter, and Drew Doughty.
And we’ll keep Price in the conversation too, just because you never know.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 39
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)