May 19, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
When the Pittsburgh Penguins announced that Ray Shero was fired from his post as the team’s general manager, player agent Pat Brisson was floated as a possible successor. It looks like he doesn’t want the job though, per TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
It’s not hard to see why Brisson would be considered an appealing candidate. He already has strong ties to Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin as their agent and is close to Penguins owners Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux.
“We’ve been linked to each other for many years,” Brisson acknowledged, “and have exchanged ideas on many fronts and the business of hockey especially. They reached out on possible candidates for the vacant GM job on Friday. As for me, I am happy with what I do at CAA and will continue on the path of representing players.”
Brisson also represents Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews and both of them are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2015, so if he joined the Penguins now, he would be missing out on a big payday, as CBC noted.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)