May 19, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
When the Pittsburgh Penguins announced that Ray Shero was fired from his post as the team’s general manager, player agent Pat Brisson was floated as a possible successor. It looks like he doesn’t want the job though, per TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
It’s not hard to see why Brisson would be considered an appealing candidate. He already has strong ties to Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin as their agent and is close to Penguins owners Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux.
“We’ve been linked to each other for many years,” Brisson acknowledged, “and have exchanged ideas on many fronts and the business of hockey especially. They reached out on possible candidates for the vacant GM job on Friday. As for me, I am happy with what I do at CAA and will continue on the path of representing players.”
Brisson also represents Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews and both of them are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2015, so if he joined the Penguins now, he would be missing out on a big payday, as CBC noted.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)