May 19, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
When the Pittsburgh Penguins announced that Ray Shero was fired from his post as the team’s general manager, player agent Pat Brisson was floated as a possible successor. It looks like he doesn’t want the job though, per TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
It’s not hard to see why Brisson would be considered an appealing candidate. He already has strong ties to Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin as their agent and is close to Penguins owners Ron Burkle and Mario Lemieux.
“We’ve been linked to each other for many years,” Brisson acknowledged, “and have exchanged ideas on many fronts and the business of hockey especially. They reached out on possible candidates for the vacant GM job on Friday. As for me, I am happy with what I do at CAA and will continue on the path of representing players.”
Brisson also represents Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews and both of them are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2015, so if he joined the Penguins now, he would be missing out on a big payday, as CBC noted.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 8
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)