May 18, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings got a bit of help for Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Defenseman Willie Mitchell took warm-ups and dressed for the first time since Game 6 of the first round against the San Jose Sharks. Mitchell missed time with a muscle injury and is paired up with Alec Martinez on the blue line.
Mitchell had an assist and four penalty minutes in the six games he played against the Sharks. He missed all of last season’s series against Chicago. With Robyn Regehr still out with an injury, Mitchell brings his brand of tough, defensive play back into the lineup.
It is interesting to note that Greene got the call to sit down and recent AHL-call-up and NHL veteran Jeff Schultz stayed in.
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 0
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 13
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 30
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 14
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)