May 18, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings got a bit of help for Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Defenseman Willie Mitchell took warm-ups and dressed for the first time since Game 6 of the first round against the San Jose Sharks. Mitchell missed time with a muscle injury and is paired up with Alec Martinez on the blue line.
Mitchell had an assist and four penalty minutes in the six games he played against the Sharks. He missed all of last season’s series against Chicago. With Robyn Regehr still out with an injury, Mitchell brings his brand of tough, defensive play back into the lineup.
It is interesting to note that Greene got the call to sit down and recent AHL-call-up and NHL veteran Jeff Schultz stayed in.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5