May 18, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings got a bit of help for Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Defenseman Willie Mitchell took warm-ups and dressed for the first time since Game 6 of the first round against the San Jose Sharks. Mitchell missed time with a muscle injury and is paired up with Alec Martinez on the blue line.
Mitchell had an assist and four penalty minutes in the six games he played against the Sharks. He missed all of last season’s series against Chicago. With Robyn Regehr still out with an injury, Mitchell brings his brand of tough, defensive play back into the lineup.
It is interesting to note that Greene got the call to sit down and recent AHL-call-up and NHL veteran Jeff Schultz stayed in.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 3
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)