May 18, 2014, 3:31 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings got a bit of help for Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Defenseman Willie Mitchell took warm-ups and dressed for the first time since Game 6 of the first round against the San Jose Sharks. Mitchell missed time with a muscle injury and is paired up with Alec Martinez on the blue line.
Mitchell had an assist and four penalty minutes in the six games he played against the Sharks. He missed all of last season’s series against Chicago. With Robyn Regehr still out with an injury, Mitchell brings his brand of tough, defensive play back into the lineup.
It is interesting to note that Greene got the call to sit down and recent AHL-call-up and NHL veteran Jeff Schultz stayed in.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21