May 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
It’s Game 1 of the Western Conference Final from United Center in Chicago and it’s a rematch of last year’s event.
The Chicago Blackhawks took out the Los Angeles Kings in five games in 2013 on their way to winning the Stanley Cup. The Kings are in their third consecutive West Final and after winning the Cup in 2012, only Chicago stands in their way of having a chance of doing it again.
While Chicago went 3-0-0 against Los Angeles this season, it’s tough to shoot down what the Kings have put together in the postseason. In a bit of a role reversal, the Blackhawks will look to slow down the Kings offensive attack.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)