May 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
It’s Game 1 of the Western Conference Final from United Center in Chicago and it’s a rematch of last year’s event.
The Chicago Blackhawks took out the Los Angeles Kings in five games in 2013 on their way to winning the Stanley Cup. The Kings are in their third consecutive West Final and after winning the Cup in 2012, only Chicago stands in their way of having a chance of doing it again.
While Chicago went 3-0-0 against Los Angeles this season, it’s tough to shoot down what the Kings have put together in the postseason. In a bit of a role reversal, the Blackhawks will look to slow down the Kings offensive attack.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (78)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)