May 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
It’s Game 1 of the Western Conference Final from United Center in Chicago and it’s a rematch of last year’s event.
The Chicago Blackhawks took out the Los Angeles Kings in five games in 2013 on their way to winning the Stanley Cup. The Kings are in their third consecutive West Final and after winning the Cup in 2012, only Chicago stands in their way of having a chance of doing it again.
While Chicago went 3-0-0 against Los Angeles this season, it’s tough to shoot down what the Kings have put together in the postseason. In a bit of a role reversal, the Blackhawks will look to slow down the Kings offensive attack.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)