May 18, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
It’s Game 1 of the Western Conference Final from United Center in Chicago and it’s a rematch of last year’s event.
The Chicago Blackhawks took out the Los Angeles Kings in five games in 2013 on their way to winning the Stanley Cup. The Kings are in their third consecutive West Final and after winning the Cup in 2012, only Chicago stands in their way of having a chance of doing it again.
While Chicago went 3-0-0 against Los Angeles this season, it’s tough to shoot down what the Kings have put together in the postseason. In a bit of a role reversal, the Blackhawks will look to slow down the Kings offensive attack.
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 0
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 25
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 23
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)