May 18, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Price didn’t take part in team practice this morning and following the optional session, Canadiens forward, and former New York Ranger, Brandon Prust gave his thoughts on Kreider’s crash into his goal and he didn’t exactly hold back as Andrew Gross from Ranger Rants shares.
“I don’t think he’s a real dirty player,” Prust said of Kreider. “But in this situation he went skates first right into his leg.”
Prust continued: “We call that accidentally on purpose.”
Prust attempted to get back at Kreider in the third period but drew a double-minor and a 10-minute misconduct that helped lead to three Rangers power play goals. Oops.
Canadiens coach Michel Therrien was a bit more diplomatic saying the play was, “Obviously accidental but let’s put it this way, he didn’t do much to avoid contact.”
Considering how fast Kreider was skating it might’ve been difficult for him to avoid contact regardless.
Judge for yourself though. Here’s video of the play:
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)