May 18, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
Price didn’t take part in team practice this morning and following the optional session, Canadiens forward, and former New York Ranger, Brandon Prust gave his thoughts on Kreider’s crash into his goal and he didn’t exactly hold back as Andrew Gross from Ranger Rants shares.
“I don’t think he’s a real dirty player,” Prust said of Kreider. “But in this situation he went skates first right into his leg.”
Prust continued: “We call that accidentally on purpose.”
Prust attempted to get back at Kreider in the third period but drew a double-minor and a 10-minute misconduct that helped lead to three Rangers power play goals. Oops.
Canadiens coach Michel Therrien was a bit more diplomatic saying the play was, “Obviously accidental but let’s put it this way, he didn’t do much to avoid contact.”
Considering how fast Kreider was skating it might’ve been difficult for him to avoid contact regardless.
Judge for yourself though. Here’s video of the play:
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)