May 18, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
Price didn’t take part in team practice this morning and following the optional session, Canadiens forward, and former New York Ranger, Brandon Prust gave his thoughts on Kreider’s crash into his goal and he didn’t exactly hold back as Andrew Gross from Ranger Rants shares.
“I don’t think he’s a real dirty player,” Prust said of Kreider. “But in this situation he went skates first right into his leg.”
Prust continued: “We call that accidentally on purpose.”
Prust attempted to get back at Kreider in the third period but drew a double-minor and a 10-minute misconduct that helped lead to three Rangers power play goals. Oops.
Canadiens coach Michel Therrien was a bit more diplomatic saying the play was, “Obviously accidental but let’s put it this way, he didn’t do much to avoid contact.”
Considering how fast Kreider was skating it might’ve been difficult for him to avoid contact regardless.
Judge for yourself though. Here’s video of the play:
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 0
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 1
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5