May 18, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Price didn’t take part in team practice this morning and following the optional session, Canadiens forward, and former New York Ranger, Brandon Prust gave his thoughts on Kreider’s crash into his goal and he didn’t exactly hold back as Andrew Gross from Ranger Rants shares.
“I don’t think he’s a real dirty player,” Prust said of Kreider. “But in this situation he went skates first right into his leg.”
Prust continued: “We call that accidentally on purpose.”
Prust attempted to get back at Kreider in the third period but drew a double-minor and a 10-minute misconduct that helped lead to three Rangers power play goals. Oops.
Canadiens coach Michel Therrien was a bit more diplomatic saying the play was, “Obviously accidental but let’s put it this way, he didn’t do much to avoid contact.”
Considering how fast Kreider was skating it might’ve been difficult for him to avoid contact regardless.
Judge for yourself though. Here’s video of the play:
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)