May 18, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
It may be time to get nervous if you’re a Montreal Canadiens fan.
Price worked with goaltending coach Stephane Waite before heading off. Goalies Peter Budaj and Dustin Tokarski took part in the regular practice. Price was crashed into by New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider in the second period of Montreal’s 7-2 Game 1 loss.
Kreider was tripped up on a break in on Price and bowled through him. Price immediately grabbed his right knee but finished the period. Coach Michel Therrien pulled Price after the period to protect him and not because he was injured.
That latter part is still up for debate, however. If there’s an upside to this for Habs fans it’s that it was an optional practice meaning Price doesn’t have to take part in it.
Therrien said after practice it was a “therapy day” for Price, but wasn’t exactly encouraging when asked if he can go in Game 2.
Peter Budaj said he’s ready to go if called upon. Buckle up, Habs fans.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 37
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (41)