May 18, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
In a tight game like the Chicago Blackhawks’ eventual 3-1 win against the Los Angeles Kings, seeing a 2-0 lead turn into a 1-1 tie after a disallowed goal and then a tying tally moments later can be devastating.
The Blackhawks didn’t deny that it was a tough moment in the second period, yet they managed to move on and eventually win 3-1.
Attribute it to their championship experience or any other factors, but the ‘Hawks managed to shake it off.
“Yeah, I think that’s what it was all about, was just trying to forget about it, not get too worked up about a call that didn’t go our way,” Jonathan Toews said after the game. “To add insult to injury, they came right back to score to tie it up not too long after. That’s where we did a good job of just forgetting about what happened, moving on, focusing on our game [and] not getting away from [it].”
Head coach Joel Quenneville essentially gave a no comment response upon being asked about the disallowed goal, but he was awfully animated when it actually happened.
Here’s video of the disallowed goal:
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)