May 18, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
In a tight game like the Chicago Blackhawks’ eventual 3-1 win against the Los Angeles Kings, seeing a 2-0 lead turn into a 1-1 tie after a disallowed goal and then a tying tally moments later can be devastating.
The Blackhawks didn’t deny that it was a tough moment in the second period, yet they managed to move on and eventually win 3-1.
Attribute it to their championship experience or any other factors, but the ‘Hawks managed to shake it off.
“Yeah, I think that’s what it was all about, was just trying to forget about it, not get too worked up about a call that didn’t go our way,” Jonathan Toews said after the game. “To add insult to injury, they came right back to score to tie it up not too long after. That’s where we did a good job of just forgetting about what happened, moving on, focusing on our game [and] not getting away from [it].”
Head coach Joel Quenneville essentially gave a no comment response upon being asked about the disallowed goal, but he was awfully animated when it actually happened.
Here’s video of the disallowed goal:
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)