May 17, 2014, 1:33 AM EDT
Justin Williams scored in another Game 7. What a shock.
The L.A. Kings veteran forward opened the scoring early in the first period against the Anaheim Ducks in Friday’s decisive match-up in the Western Conference second-round series. The Kings then went on to crush the Ducks by a final score of 6-2 to advance to the Western Conference Final against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Williams is now a perfect 6-0 in Game 7s throughout his Stanley Cup playoff career. He’s also up to 12 points (six goals and six assists) in those six games, having added an assist on L.A.’s sixth goal of the evening.
Talk about coming through when it matters the most.
“The thing I’m most proud of is the 6-0 record in Game 7 and the fact that we’re moving on. At the end of my career, I’ll look at that and be proud of it. But the one I really like right now is the 6-0,” Williams said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“Who knows? I talked earlier that sometimes games end like that. Game 7, there are a lot of nerves and it’s very tense. We channeled those nerves very well to start the game. Capitalized on our chances and we if don’t capitalize on them it’s a different score.”
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)