May 17, 2014, 1:33 AM EDT
Justin Williams scored in another Game 7. What a shock.
The L.A. Kings veteran forward opened the scoring early in the first period against the Anaheim Ducks in Friday’s decisive match-up in the Western Conference second-round series. The Kings then went on to crush the Ducks by a final score of 6-2 to advance to the Western Conference Final against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Williams is now a perfect 6-0 in Game 7s throughout his Stanley Cup playoff career. He’s also up to 12 points (six goals and six assists) in those six games, having added an assist on L.A.’s sixth goal of the evening.
Talk about coming through when it matters the most.
“The thing I’m most proud of is the 6-0 record in Game 7 and the fact that we’re moving on. At the end of my career, I’ll look at that and be proud of it. But the one I really like right now is the 6-0,” Williams said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“Who knows? I talked earlier that sometimes games end like that. Game 7, there are a lot of nerves and it’s very tense. We channeled those nerves very well to start the game. Capitalized on our chances and we if don’t capitalize on them it’s a different score.”
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 6
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)