May 17, 2014, 1:33 AM EDT
Justin Williams scored in another Game 7. What a shock.
The L.A. Kings veteran forward opened the scoring early in the first period against the Anaheim Ducks in Friday’s decisive match-up in the Western Conference second-round series. The Kings then went on to crush the Ducks by a final score of 6-2 to advance to the Western Conference Final against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Williams is now a perfect 6-0 in Game 7s throughout his Stanley Cup playoff career. He’s also up to 12 points (six goals and six assists) in those six games, having added an assist on L.A.’s sixth goal of the evening.
Talk about coming through when it matters the most.
“The thing I’m most proud of is the 6-0 record in Game 7 and the fact that we’re moving on. At the end of my career, I’ll look at that and be proud of it. But the one I really like right now is the 6-0,” Williams said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“Who knows? I talked earlier that sometimes games end like that. Game 7, there are a lot of nerves and it’s very tense. We channeled those nerves very well to start the game. Capitalized on our chances and we if don’t capitalize on them it’s a different score.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)