May 17, 2014, 1:33 AM EDT
Justin Williams scored in another Game 7. What a shock.
The L.A. Kings veteran forward opened the scoring early in the first period against the Anaheim Ducks in Friday’s decisive match-up in the Western Conference second-round series. The Kings then went on to crush the Ducks by a final score of 6-2 to advance to the Western Conference Final against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Williams is now a perfect 6-0 in Game 7s throughout his Stanley Cup playoff career. He’s also up to 12 points (six goals and six assists) in those six games, having added an assist on L.A.’s sixth goal of the evening.
Talk about coming through when it matters the most.
“The thing I’m most proud of is the 6-0 record in Game 7 and the fact that we’re moving on. At the end of my career, I’ll look at that and be proud of it. But the one I really like right now is the 6-0,” Williams said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“Who knows? I talked earlier that sometimes games end like that. Game 7, there are a lot of nerves and it’s very tense. We channeled those nerves very well to start the game. Capitalized on our chances and we if don’t capitalize on them it’s a different score.”
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)