May 17, 2014, 1:33 AM EST
Justin Williams scored in another Game 7. What a shock.
The L.A. Kings veteran forward opened the scoring early in the first period against the Anaheim Ducks in Friday’s decisive match-up in the Western Conference second-round series. The Kings then went on to crush the Ducks by a final score of 6-2 to advance to the Western Conference Final against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Williams is now a perfect 6-0 in Game 7s throughout his Stanley Cup playoff career. He’s also up to 12 points (six goals and six assists) in those six games, having added an assist on L.A.’s sixth goal of the evening.
Talk about coming through when it matters the most.
“The thing I’m most proud of is the 6-0 record in Game 7 and the fact that we’re moving on. At the end of my career, I’ll look at that and be proud of it. But the one I really like right now is the 6-0,” Williams said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“Who knows? I talked earlier that sometimes games end like that. Game 7, there are a lot of nerves and it’s very tense. We channeled those nerves very well to start the game. Capitalized on our chances and we if don’t capitalize on them it’s a different score.”
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)