May 17, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
It’s never dull in Toronto and already this offseason for the Maple Leafs has proved that.
With Brendan Shanahan being brought in as the President of Hockey Operations to work with General Manager Dave Nonis, many fans thought this was a move that would lead to coach Randy Carlyle being sent packing.
Instead, Carlyle is sticking around and earned a two-year contract extension out of it and his assistant coaches were fired. Was that the right move? Anson Carter and Don LaGreca discuss it.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 28
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 26
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 22
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 59
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22