May 17, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
It’s never dull in Toronto and already this offseason for the Maple Leafs has proved that.
With Brendan Shanahan being brought in as the President of Hockey Operations to work with General Manager Dave Nonis, many fans thought this was a move that would lead to coach Randy Carlyle being sent packing.
Instead, Carlyle is sticking around and earned a two-year contract extension out of it and his assistant coaches were fired. Was that the right move? Anson Carter and Don LaGreca discuss it.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 0
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 8
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33