May 17, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
It’s never dull in Toronto and already this offseason for the Maple Leafs has proved that.
With Brendan Shanahan being brought in as the President of Hockey Operations to work with General Manager Dave Nonis, many fans thought this was a move that would lead to coach Randy Carlyle being sent packing.
Instead, Carlyle is sticking around and earned a two-year contract extension out of it and his assistant coaches were fired. Was that the right move? Anson Carter and Don LaGreca discuss it.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)