May 17, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens had a scare in the second period against the New York Rangers.
Rangers forward Chris Kreider came flying through the zone on a break when he appeared to get tripped up by the stick of Canadiens defenseman Alexei Emelin. Kreider fell to the ice and slid feet-first into goalie Carey Price. Price was initially down but got up and stayed in the game.
You’ll see on the replay that it appeared Price got his right knee twisted up a bit and he grabbed it right after the collision. Price finished the second period down 4-1, but Peter Budaj replaced him at the start of the third period.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)