May 17, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens had a scare in the second period against the New York Rangers.
Rangers forward Chris Kreider came flying through the zone on a break when he appeared to get tripped up by the stick of Canadiens defenseman Alexei Emelin. Kreider fell to the ice and slid feet-first into goalie Carey Price. Price was initially down but got up and stayed in the game.
You’ll see on the replay that it appeared Price got his right knee twisted up a bit and he grabbed it right after the collision. Price finished the second period down 4-1, but Peter Budaj replaced him at the start of the third period.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)