May 17, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens had a scare in the second period against the New York Rangers.
Rangers forward Chris Kreider came flying through the zone on a break when he appeared to get tripped up by the stick of Canadiens defenseman Alexei Emelin. Kreider fell to the ice and slid feet-first into goalie Carey Price. Price was initially down but got up and stayed in the game.
You’ll see on the replay that it appeared Price got his right knee twisted up a bit and he grabbed it right after the collision. Price finished the second period down 4-1, but Peter Budaj replaced him at the start of the third period.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 31
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 40
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (42)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)