May 17, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens had a scare in the second period against the New York Rangers.
Rangers forward Chris Kreider came flying through the zone on a break when he appeared to get tripped up by the stick of Canadiens defenseman Alexei Emelin. Kreider fell to the ice and slid feet-first into goalie Carey Price. Price was initially down but got up and stayed in the game.
You’ll see on the replay that it appeared Price got his right knee twisted up a bit and he grabbed it right after the collision. Price finished the second period down 4-1, but Peter Budaj replaced him at the start of the third period.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 0
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 35
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)