May 17, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens had a scare in the second period against the New York Rangers.
Rangers forward Chris Kreider came flying through the zone on a break when he appeared to get tripped up by the stick of Canadiens defenseman Alexei Emelin. Kreider fell to the ice and slid feet-first into goalie Carey Price. Price was initially down but got up and stayed in the game.
You’ll see on the replay that it appeared Price got his right knee twisted up a bit and he grabbed it right after the collision. Price finished the second period down 4-1, but Peter Budaj replaced him at the start of the third period.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15