May 17, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard has been one of their top performers in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but his first game of the Eastern Conference Final got off to a rough start.
Early in the first period, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench. He wasn’t on the bench for long as he headed to the locker room and hasn’t returned.
In Brassard’s stead, Dominic Moore has picked up two assists to help get the Rangers out to a 2-0 lead early.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)