May 17, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard has been one of their top performers in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but his first game of the Eastern Conference Final got off to a rough start.
Early in the first period, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench. He wasn’t on the bench for long as he headed to the locker room and hasn’t returned.
In Brassard’s stead, Dominic Moore has picked up two assists to help get the Rangers out to a 2-0 lead early.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)