May 17, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard has been one of their top performers in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but his first game of the Eastern Conference Final got off to a rough start.
Early in the first period, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench. He wasn’t on the bench for long as he headed to the locker room and hasn’t returned.
In Brassard’s stead, Dominic Moore has picked up two assists to help get the Rangers out to a 2-0 lead early.
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 3
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)