May 17, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard has been one of their top performers in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but his first game of the Eastern Conference Final got off to a rough start.
Early in the first period, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench. He wasn’t on the bench for long as he headed to the locker room and hasn’t returned.
In Brassard’s stead, Dominic Moore has picked up two assists to help get the Rangers out to a 2-0 lead early.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8