May 17, 2014, 1:53 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Derick Brassard has been one of their top performers in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but his first game of the Eastern Conference Final got off to a rough start.
Early in the first period, Brassard took a big hit from Montreal Canadiens defenseman Mike Weaver and headed to the bench. He wasn’t on the bench for long as he headed to the locker room and hasn’t returned.
In Brassard’s stead, Dominic Moore has picked up two assists to help get the Rangers out to a 2-0 lead early.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)