May 17, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks have had the Los Angeles Kings’ number for a little while it seems.
They bounced L.A. out in five games in last season’s Western Conference Final and this season they’ve gone 3-0-0 against them in the regular season. Marian Hossa knows that that kind of success doesn’t mean much when it’s playoff time as Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune shares.
“You know what, that’s regular season — playoffs are a little bit different,” Hossa said. “You can’t rely on what happened back a few months ago. The level is a little bit different.”
It certainly is different and if you were to judge either team by how they did things in the regular season compared to the playoffs, you’d be missing out on a lot of details.
Both Jonathan Quick and Corey Crawford have played great in the playoffs and are major reasons why their teams are facing each other now. Patrick Kane and Marian Gaborik have been the epitome of clutch while Jonathan Toews and Anze Kopitar have dominated on both sides of the puck.
The Blackhawks may be coming into the series as favorites, but it’s an even match-up if there ever was one.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Brutal luck in a preseason game.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
Tuesday presented him with a “what did I get myself into?” moment.
Sep 23, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Tough preseason contest for Philly’s No.1 goalie.
Sep 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Latest update: He’s on crutches and it might not be knee-related.
Sep 23, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
This post will include updates if they’re made available.
Sep 23, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Buffalo holds him out for the rest of the game.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
He’s straightforward about it, at least.
Sep 23, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Vladimir Sobotka might say that’s actually a big gap, though.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
The jump to Xbox One and Playstation 4 has been bumpy.
Sep 23, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
“It’s nothing new to me.”
Sep 23, 2014, 4:51 PM EDT
That was quick.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Sep 23, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
So, you know, hurry up and sign, kid.
Sep 23, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
And Erik Karlsson’s the favorite to win the Norris.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Which will reportedly begin in September of 2016.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
First part of the two-part series starts in December.
Sep 23, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Sep 23, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Who will Ted Nolan choose?
Sep 23, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Courtesy a Beau Bennett high stick.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Incident occurred during last night’s win over the Rangers.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)