May 17, 2014, 11:31 AM EST
By now the talk of Henrik Lundqvist‘s lack of success when playing in Montreal is well known. If there’s one city in the league that plays the role of bogeyman better for Lundqvist it’s hard to find.
King Henrik hasn’t won in Montreal since 2009 and hasn’t started a game at Bell Centre since Jan. 15, 2012. In that time between his last win and last appearance there he’s 0-3-1 with a .862 save percentage.
Those numbers are terrible, but if you think that’s got him worried — you’re wrong as Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares.
“I look forward to going there,” Lundqvist said. “It’s a conference final in Montreal. That’s special. I’m excited about that. When it comes to my game, I just try to go out and play the same way. Don’t overthink it. Just go out and enjoy it.”
Enjoying it will depend on how he plays and with no recent numbers to draw on, how he does in Game 1 Saturday afternoon will be analyzed closely.
The only thing we know for sure is the Rangers hope whatever has kept Lundqvist from looking his best in la belle province is behind him.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)