May 17, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
By now the talk of Henrik Lundqvist‘s lack of success when playing in Montreal is well known. If there’s one city in the league that plays the role of bogeyman better for Lundqvist it’s hard to find.
King Henrik hasn’t won in Montreal since 2009 and hasn’t started a game at Bell Centre since Jan. 15, 2012. In that time between his last win and last appearance there he’s 0-3-1 with a .862 save percentage.
Those numbers are terrible, but if you think that’s got him worried — you’re wrong as Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares.
“I look forward to going there,” Lundqvist said. “It’s a conference final in Montreal. That’s special. I’m excited about that. When it comes to my game, I just try to go out and play the same way. Don’t overthink it. Just go out and enjoy it.”
Enjoying it will depend on how he plays and with no recent numbers to draw on, how he does in Game 1 Saturday afternoon will be analyzed closely.
The only thing we know for sure is the Rangers hope whatever has kept Lundqvist from looking his best in la belle province is behind him.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)