May 17, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
By now the talk of Henrik Lundqvist‘s lack of success when playing in Montreal is well known. If there’s one city in the league that plays the role of bogeyman better for Lundqvist it’s hard to find.
King Henrik hasn’t won in Montreal since 2009 and hasn’t started a game at Bell Centre since Jan. 15, 2012. In that time between his last win and last appearance there he’s 0-3-1 with a .862 save percentage.
Those numbers are terrible, but if you think that’s got him worried — you’re wrong as Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares.
“I look forward to going there,” Lundqvist said. “It’s a conference final in Montreal. That’s special. I’m excited about that. When it comes to my game, I just try to go out and play the same way. Don’t overthink it. Just go out and enjoy it.”
Enjoying it will depend on how he plays and with no recent numbers to draw on, how he does in Game 1 Saturday afternoon will be analyzed closely.
The only thing we know for sure is the Rangers hope whatever has kept Lundqvist from looking his best in la belle province is behind him.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)