May 17, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
By now the talk of Henrik Lundqvist‘s lack of success when playing in Montreal is well known. If there’s one city in the league that plays the role of bogeyman better for Lundqvist it’s hard to find.
King Henrik hasn’t won in Montreal since 2009 and hasn’t started a game at Bell Centre since Jan. 15, 2012. In that time between his last win and last appearance there he’s 0-3-1 with a .862 save percentage.
Those numbers are terrible, but if you think that’s got him worried — you’re wrong as Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares.
“I look forward to going there,” Lundqvist said. “It’s a conference final in Montreal. That’s special. I’m excited about that. When it comes to my game, I just try to go out and play the same way. Don’t overthink it. Just go out and enjoy it.”
Enjoying it will depend on how he plays and with no recent numbers to draw on, how he does in Game 1 Saturday afternoon will be analyzed closely.
The only thing we know for sure is the Rangers hope whatever has kept Lundqvist from looking his best in la belle province is behind him.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)