May 17, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
By now the talk of Henrik Lundqvist‘s lack of success when playing in Montreal is well known. If there’s one city in the league that plays the role of bogeyman better for Lundqvist it’s hard to find.
King Henrik hasn’t won in Montreal since 2009 and hasn’t started a game at Bell Centre since Jan. 15, 2012. In that time between his last win and last appearance there he’s 0-3-1 with a .862 save percentage.
Those numbers are terrible, but if you think that’s got him worried — you’re wrong as Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares.
“I look forward to going there,” Lundqvist said. “It’s a conference final in Montreal. That’s special. I’m excited about that. When it comes to my game, I just try to go out and play the same way. Don’t overthink it. Just go out and enjoy it.”
Enjoying it will depend on how he plays and with no recent numbers to draw on, how he does in Game 1 Saturday afternoon will be analyzed closely.
The only thing we know for sure is the Rangers hope whatever has kept Lundqvist from looking his best in la belle province is behind him.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)