May 17, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
When a team loses 7-2 in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final the way the Montreal Canadiens did to the New York Rangers, there’s not much that can be said to explain.
Thankfully, Rene Bourque was there to sum it up succinctly.
Following the blowout loss, Bourque kept it simple for reporters as to how the Habs got manhandled on home ice.
Rene Bourque: "We got our asses kicked all over the ice."—
Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 17, 2014
Bourque had a hand in the Game 1 failure as he committed three minor penalties. While he also had a goal, it wasn’t his, nor anyone else on the team’s, best effort.
The Canadiens will look to rebound in Game 2 on Monday night back in Bell Centre.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22