May 17, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
When a team loses 7-2 in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final the way the Montreal Canadiens did to the New York Rangers, there’s not much that can be said to explain.
Thankfully, Rene Bourque was there to sum it up succinctly.
Following the blowout loss, Bourque kept it simple for reporters as to how the Habs got manhandled on home ice.
Rene Bourque: "We got our asses kicked all over the ice."—
Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 17, 2014
Bourque had a hand in the Game 1 failure as he committed three minor penalties. While he also had a goal, it wasn’t his, nor anyone else on the team’s, best effort.
The Canadiens will look to rebound in Game 2 on Monday night back in Bell Centre.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 6
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 29
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 27
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41