May 16, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Recent history implies that the Los Angeles Kings might have the advantage in Game 7’s, yet the Anaheim Ducks are the higher seed and hold home-ice advantage in Friday’s decisive contest.
Simply enough, history doesn’t make this game any easier or tougher to win when the puck actually drops, though. One would assume that it will be a tight, tense affair, but we’ll find out soon enough. The game airs on NBCSN and streams via the link below.
There are plenty of captivating storylines beyond the obvious ones that come from Game 7. Will this be Teemu Selanne‘s last NHL contest? Can Justin Williams keep his impressive work in Game 7’s up for a sixth career postseason decisive game?
For more on tonight’s big game, check out these posts:
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 13
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15