May 16, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Recent history implies that the Los Angeles Kings might have the advantage in Game 7’s, yet the Anaheim Ducks are the higher seed and hold home-ice advantage in Friday’s decisive contest.
Simply enough, history doesn’t make this game any easier or tougher to win when the puck actually drops, though. One would assume that it will be a tight, tense affair, but we’ll find out soon enough. The game airs on NBCSN and streams via the link below.
There are plenty of captivating storylines beyond the obvious ones that come from Game 7. Will this be Teemu Selanne‘s last NHL contest? Can Justin Williams keep his impressive work in Game 7’s up for a sixth career postseason decisive game?
For more on tonight’s big game, check out these posts:
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)