May 16, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
You see, while Nash has yet to score, the big New York wingers leads all NHLers with 52 shots in 14 games. Just none of them have gone in.
But were they good shots? Vigneault seems to think so. Per The Record’s Andrew Gross, the coach said that Nash has been the Rangers’ leader when it comes to scoring chances for and against, based on the stats the team keeps.
Ultimately, of course, the Rangers would prefer that Nash put the puck in the net — not just on the net — and that won’t be easy in the Eastern Conference Final against Montreal’s stellar goalie, Carey Price.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32