May 16, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
You see, while Nash has yet to score, the big New York wingers leads all NHLers with 52 shots in 14 games. Just none of them have gone in.
But were they good shots? Vigneault seems to think so. Per The Record’s Andrew Gross, the coach said that Nash has been the Rangers’ leader when it comes to scoring chances for and against, based on the stats the team keeps.
Ultimately, of course, the Rangers would prefer that Nash put the puck in the net — not just on the net — and that won’t be easy in the Eastern Conference Final against Montreal’s stellar goalie, Carey Price.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)