May 16, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
You see, while Nash has yet to score, the big New York wingers leads all NHLers with 52 shots in 14 games. Just none of them have gone in.
But were they good shots? Vigneault seems to think so. Per The Record’s Andrew Gross, the coach said that Nash has been the Rangers’ leader when it comes to scoring chances for and against, based on the stats the team keeps.
Ultimately, of course, the Rangers would prefer that Nash put the puck in the net — not just on the net — and that won’t be easy in the Eastern Conference Final against Montreal’s stellar goalie, Carey Price.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2