May 16, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
You see, while Nash has yet to score, the big New York wingers leads all NHLers with 52 shots in 14 games. Just none of them have gone in.
But were they good shots? Vigneault seems to think so. Per The Record’s Andrew Gross, the coach said that Nash has been the Rangers’ leader when it comes to scoring chances for and against, based on the stats the team keeps.
Ultimately, of course, the Rangers would prefer that Nash put the puck in the net — not just on the net — and that won’t be easy in the Eastern Conference Final against Montreal’s stellar goalie, Carey Price.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45