May 16, 2014, 1:56 PM EDT
You see, while Nash has yet to score, the big New York wingers leads all NHLers with 52 shots in 14 games. Just none of them have gone in.
But were they good shots? Vigneault seems to think so. Per The Record’s Andrew Gross, the coach said that Nash has been the Rangers’ leader when it comes to scoring chances for and against, based on the stats the team keeps.
Ultimately, of course, the Rangers would prefer that Nash put the puck in the net — not just on the net — and that won’t be easy in the Eastern Conference Final against Montreal’s stellar goalie, Carey Price.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)