May 16, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Another member of the 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers is heading to the KHL. Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov, 30, has inked a one-year deal with Vityaz Podolsk of the KHL, per the Edmonton Journal.
Grebeshkov was taken with the 18th overall pick by the Los Angeles Kings in 2002 and eventually found success in Edmonton during his stint with the team from 2007-10. The Oilers traded him to the Nashville Predators in March 2010 though and he headed to the KHL after the campaign was over.
The 2013-14 season was his comeback attempt, but he dealt with groin issues and only ended up playing in seven contests for Edmonton and 39 games with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons. He now has 17 goals and 85 points in 234 career NHL games.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8