May 16, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Another member of the 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers is heading to the KHL. Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov, 30, has inked a one-year deal with Vityaz Podolsk of the KHL, per the Edmonton Journal.
Grebeshkov was taken with the 18th overall pick by the Los Angeles Kings in 2002 and eventually found success in Edmonton during his stint with the team from 2007-10. The Oilers traded him to the Nashville Predators in March 2010 though and he headed to the KHL after the campaign was over.
The 2013-14 season was his comeback attempt, but he dealt with groin issues and only ended up playing in seven contests for Edmonton and 39 games with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons. He now has 17 goals and 85 points in 234 career NHL games.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)