May 16, 2014, 1:04 PM EST
Another member of the 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers is heading to the KHL. Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov, 30, has inked a one-year deal with Vityaz Podolsk of the KHL, per the Edmonton Journal.
Grebeshkov was taken with the 18th overall pick by the Los Angeles Kings in 2002 and eventually found success in Edmonton during his stint with the team from 2007-10. The Oilers traded him to the Nashville Predators in March 2010 though and he headed to the KHL after the campaign was over.
The 2013-14 season was his comeback attempt, but he dealt with groin issues and only ended up playing in seven contests for Edmonton and 39 games with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons. He now has 17 goals and 85 points in 234 career NHL games.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)