May 16, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Another member of the 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers is heading to the KHL. Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov, 30, has inked a one-year deal with Vityaz Podolsk of the KHL, per the Edmonton Journal.
Grebeshkov was taken with the 18th overall pick by the Los Angeles Kings in 2002 and eventually found success in Edmonton during his stint with the team from 2007-10. The Oilers traded him to the Nashville Predators in March 2010 though and he headed to the KHL after the campaign was over.
The 2013-14 season was his comeback attempt, but he dealt with groin issues and only ended up playing in seven contests for Edmonton and 39 games with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons. He now has 17 goals and 85 points in 234 career NHL games.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)