May 16, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Another member of the 2013-14 Edmonton Oilers is heading to the KHL. Defenseman Denis Grebeshkov, 30, has inked a one-year deal with Vityaz Podolsk of the KHL, per the Edmonton Journal.
Grebeshkov was taken with the 18th overall pick by the Los Angeles Kings in 2002 and eventually found success in Edmonton during his stint with the team from 2007-10. The Oilers traded him to the Nashville Predators in March 2010 though and he headed to the KHL after the campaign was over.
The 2013-14 season was his comeback attempt, but he dealt with groin issues and only ended up playing in seven contests for Edmonton and 39 games with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons. He now has 17 goals and 85 points in 234 career NHL games.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)