May 16, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
It probably wasn’t the Game 7 performance 20-year-old goalie John Gibson envisioned.
The rookie Anaheim Ducks puck stopper was pulled in the second period of Friday’s game against the L.A. Kings after allowing four goals on 18 shots. Right from the opening puck drop, L.A. was all over Anaheim and wasn’t about to let up.
Gibson entered the series in Game 4, winning his first two starts.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21