May 16, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
It probably wasn’t the Game 7 performance 20-year-old goalie John Gibson envisioned.
The rookie Anaheim Ducks puck stopper was pulled in the second period of Friday’s game against the L.A. Kings after allowing four goals on 18 shots. Right from the opening puck drop, L.A. was all over Anaheim and wasn’t about to let up.
Gibson entered the series in Game 4, winning his first two starts.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5