May 16, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Justin Williams hopes that the Los Angeles Kings can harness their “quiet arrogance” and beat the Anaheim Ducks in Game 7 on Friday night. Williams also insisted that the Kings must trust their instincts, which is actually a message the Ducks and their head coach Bruce Boudreau are preaching heading into this game, as well.
“I think we’ve had a great mood all series,” Nick Bonino said. “After we were down 2-nothing, you wouldn’t have known by the mood in our locker room that that was the case. We’ve had confidence all series, all season, and it doesn’t make much sense to abandon that now.”
Of course, that doesn’t mean there won’t be some nervous energy, yet Boudreau seems to think that can come in handy.
“I think for hockey people it’s a real exciting time, and it’s a real exciting time for California,” Boudreau said. “You either fear it or embrace it. We want to embrace it. We want to go after it.”
It sounds like the Ducks want to play the brand of hockey that got them this far, which means they probably hope to avoid the anxious, tight kind of style that typifies many – but not all – Game 7 matchups. That could be easier said than done tonight, however.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)