May 16, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Justin Williams hopes that the Los Angeles Kings can harness their “quiet arrogance” and beat the Anaheim Ducks in Game 7 on Friday night. Williams also insisted that the Kings must trust their instincts, which is actually a message the Ducks and their head coach Bruce Boudreau are preaching heading into this game, as well.
“I think we’ve had a great mood all series,” Nick Bonino said. “After we were down 2-nothing, you wouldn’t have known by the mood in our locker room that that was the case. We’ve had confidence all series, all season, and it doesn’t make much sense to abandon that now.”
Of course, that doesn’t mean there won’t be some nervous energy, yet Boudreau seems to think that can come in handy.
“I think for hockey people it’s a real exciting time, and it’s a real exciting time for California,” Boudreau said. “You either fear it or embrace it. We want to embrace it. We want to go after it.”
It sounds like the Ducks want to play the brand of hockey that got them this far, which means they probably hope to avoid the anxious, tight kind of style that typifies many – but not all – Game 7 matchups. That could be easier said than done tonight, however.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)