May 16, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Justin Williams hopes that the Los Angeles Kings can harness their “quiet arrogance” and beat the Anaheim Ducks in Game 7 on Friday night. Williams also insisted that the Kings must trust their instincts, which is actually a message the Ducks and their head coach Bruce Boudreau are preaching heading into this game, as well.
“I think we’ve had a great mood all series,” Nick Bonino said. “After we were down 2-nothing, you wouldn’t have known by the mood in our locker room that that was the case. We’ve had confidence all series, all season, and it doesn’t make much sense to abandon that now.”
Of course, that doesn’t mean there won’t be some nervous energy, yet Boudreau seems to think that can come in handy.
“I think for hockey people it’s a real exciting time, and it’s a real exciting time for California,” Boudreau said. “You either fear it or embrace it. We want to embrace it. We want to go after it.”
It sounds like the Ducks want to play the brand of hockey that got them this far, which means they probably hope to avoid the anxious, tight kind of style that typifies many – but not all – Game 7 matchups. That could be easier said than done tonight, however.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)