May 16, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
The 33-year-old forward went down and had to be helped off the ice by teammates Nathan MacKinnon and Brayden Schenn. Canadian coach Dave Tippett doesn’t think the injury’s serious, but the situation will be re-evaluated tomorrow, per TSN’s Brent Wallace.
Burrows was looking to end his season on a positive after scoring just five goals and 15 points in 49 games with Vancouver. He was derailed by a foot injury, broken jaw, and hand injury during the 2013-14 NHL campaign.
It was reported yesterday that Canucks coach John Tortorella wanted Burrows bought out before the bench boss was fired. Burrows comes with a cap hit of $4.5 million annually through the 2016-17 campaign.
Update from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5