May 16, 2014, 1:39 PM EST
The 33-year-old forward went down and had to be helped off the ice by teammates Nathan MacKinnon and Brayden Schenn. Canadian coach Dave Tippett doesn’t think the injury’s serious, but the situation will be re-evaluated tomorrow, per TSN’s Brent Wallace.
Burrows was looking to end his season on a positive after scoring just five goals and 15 points in 49 games with Vancouver. He was derailed by a foot injury, broken jaw, and hand injury during the 2013-14 NHL campaign.
It was reported yesterday that Canucks coach John Tortorella wanted Burrows bought out before the bench boss was fired. Burrows comes with a cap hit of $4.5 million annually through the 2016-17 campaign.
Update from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy:
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)