May 16, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
The 33-year-old forward went down and had to be helped off the ice by teammates Nathan MacKinnon and Brayden Schenn. Canadian coach Dave Tippett doesn’t think the injury’s serious, but the situation will be re-evaluated tomorrow, per TSN’s Brent Wallace.
Burrows was looking to end his season on a positive after scoring just five goals and 15 points in 49 games with Vancouver. He was derailed by a foot injury, broken jaw, and hand injury during the 2013-14 NHL campaign.
It was reported yesterday that Canucks coach John Tortorella wanted Burrows bought out before the bench boss was fired. Burrows comes with a cap hit of $4.5 million annually through the 2016-17 campaign.
Update from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy:
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)