May 16, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
The 33-year-old forward went down and had to be helped off the ice by teammates Nathan MacKinnon and Brayden Schenn. Canadian coach Dave Tippett doesn’t think the injury’s serious, but the situation will be re-evaluated tomorrow, per TSN’s Brent Wallace.
Burrows was looking to end his season on a positive after scoring just five goals and 15 points in 49 games with Vancouver. He was derailed by a foot injury, broken jaw, and hand injury during the 2013-14 NHL campaign.
It was reported yesterday that Canucks coach John Tortorella wanted Burrows bought out before the bench boss was fired. Burrows comes with a cap hit of $4.5 million annually through the 2016-17 campaign.
Update from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy:
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)