May 16, 2014, 1:39 PM EDT
The 33-year-old forward went down and had to be helped off the ice by teammates Nathan MacKinnon and Brayden Schenn. Canadian coach Dave Tippett doesn’t think the injury’s serious, but the situation will be re-evaluated tomorrow, per TSN’s Brent Wallace.
Burrows was looking to end his season on a positive after scoring just five goals and 15 points in 49 games with Vancouver. He was derailed by a foot injury, broken jaw, and hand injury during the 2013-14 NHL campaign.
It was reported yesterday that Canucks coach John Tortorella wanted Burrows bought out before the bench boss was fired. Burrows comes with a cap hit of $4.5 million annually through the 2016-17 campaign.
Update from Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy:
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6