May 15, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Some good news regarding the health of Islanders captain John Tavares — his recovery from a torn MCL and meniscus in his left knee is going along swimmingly.
“Everything’s pretty much back to normal,” Tavares said, per Buffalo’s WGR550 radio. “I was cleared last week to resume full activity, so I skated with the London Knights [of the Ontario Hockey League] as they’re preparing for the Memorial Cup for three days and three practices, and I feel really good.”
“I’m just happy I’m able to put this behind me, move forward, and look toward next season.”
Tavares, who suffered the knee injury while representing Canada at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, also said he’d be able to undergo his full summer training regimen.
This development will no doubt please the Islanders organization and especially GM Garth Snow, who was furious his captain and star player was hurt while playing in an international competition. Tavares’ importance to the club cannot be understated — at the time of his injury, the 23-year-old sat third in the NHL in scoring (with 66 points in 59 games) and was coming off a lockout-shortened ’13 campaign in which he received his first-ever Hart Trophy nomination as league MVP, carrying the Isles to the postseason for the first time in his career.
May 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
“I don’t know if we’re so young and dumb and don’t know any better…”
May 29, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Might explain what occurred in the first period.
May 29, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Tampa Bay awaits the winner of the Blackhawks-Ducks series.
May 29, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Is it enough?
May 29, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Game 7 goes Saturday.
May 29, 2015, 8:54 PM EDT
Something to keep an eye on.
May 29, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Rangers also make one change to the lineup.
May 29, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
The winner, as you know, goes to the Stanley Cup Final.
May 29, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
“I’ve met with Nick several times and he knows he made a terrible mistake.”
May 29, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
And it looks like Tomas Fleischmann might replace Emerson Etem, again.
May 29, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
People like ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
May 29, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Appeared in just 33 games this season.
May 29, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
“I don’t feel any tingling or soreness.”
May 29, 2015, 2:18 PM EDT
NHL Central Scouting thinks slightly more of the B.C. defender.
May 29, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Spent the past five seasons in the KHL.
May 29, 2015, 1:34 PM EDT
That’s former NHL defenseman and current AHL Binghamton bench boss Luke Richardson.
May 29, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
This according to his club team, Avangard Omsk.
May 29, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
How does it compare to past promos?
May 29, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
“The last two years, we were a different team.”
May 29, 2015, 11:39 AM EDT
Well-traveled journeyman played big minutes for AHL Charlotte last season.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 0
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 7
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 53
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (59)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)