May 15, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
The continuing dalliances between the NHL and the City of Seattle have continued this week and now there’s a name to go with the faces seen in Washington recently.
Chris Daniels of KING 5 News reports Los Angeles-based real estate tycoon Victor Coleman was part of the NHL group that met with Seattle officials on May 6. NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly visited Seattle last week and Coleman was part of that contingency.
As Jason theorized in this piece, the group may have been there to see if a new arena could be built with the NHL wanting to go there. Turns out that may have been the case and Mayor Ed Murray and City Council President Tim Burgess aren’t interested.
Perhaps Coleman is the guy to help bring money forward to make it work.
According to Daniels, Coleman has an array of holdings to his name including 26 properties, two movie studios, plus four buildings in Seattle and another in a neighboring city. If he’s got the cash to go with the property, there might be something to build on, but it’s up to the Seattle city leaders to be open to making it work.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 13
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 7
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 6
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 30
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)