May 15, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
The continuing dalliances between the NHL and the City of Seattle have continued this week and now there’s a name to go with the faces seen in Washington recently.
Chris Daniels of KING 5 News reports Los Angeles-based real estate tycoon Victor Coleman was part of the NHL group that met with Seattle officials on May 6. NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly visited Seattle last week and Coleman was part of that contingency.
As Jason theorized in this piece, the group may have been there to see if a new arena could be built with the NHL wanting to go there. Turns out that may have been the case and Mayor Ed Murray and City Council President Tim Burgess aren’t interested.
Perhaps Coleman is the guy to help bring money forward to make it work.
According to Daniels, Coleman has an array of holdings to his name including 26 properties, two movie studios, plus four buildings in Seattle and another in a neighboring city. If he’s got the cash to go with the property, there might be something to build on, but it’s up to the Seattle city leaders to be open to making it work.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)