May 15, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will lament, at least for now, missed opportunities on the power play Wednesday evening.
The Ducks lost Game 6 of their second-round series against the L.A. Kings, and the two teams will now need a seventh and deciding game to see who advances to the Western Conference Final. Anaheim’s power play went 0-for-5 and had only six shots registered on Jonathan Quick during their combined time on the man advantage.
“It stunk. Did we get any shots on five attempts? Nothing A1,” said Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau, as per LA Kings Insider.
The Ducks’ power play in the series had been running at a pretty good clip in the first two games at the Staples Center, going 3-for-5 combined in Games 3 and 4. Not nearly the same efficiency in Game 6.
Down by only a goal late in the third period, the Ducks were unable to capitalize when Kings’ defenseman Slava Voynov was sent off for a hard high stick on Mathieu Perreault. The Kings, even in the midst of absolute chaos in and around their net in the final two minutes, managed to hang on to force a Game 7.
Quick was also strong in this elimination game, making 21 saves on 22 shots he faced.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)