May 15, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will lament, at least for now, missed opportunities on the power play Wednesday evening.
The Ducks lost Game 6 of their second-round series against the L.A. Kings, and the two teams will now need a seventh and deciding game to see who advances to the Western Conference Final. Anaheim’s power play went 0-for-5 and had only six shots registered on Jonathan Quick during their combined time on the man advantage.
“It stunk. Did we get any shots on five attempts? Nothing A1,” said Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau, as per LA Kings Insider.
The Ducks’ power play in the series had been running at a pretty good clip in the first two games at the Staples Center, going 3-for-5 combined in Games 3 and 4. Not nearly the same efficiency in Game 6.
Down by only a goal late in the third period, the Ducks were unable to capitalize when Kings’ defenseman Slava Voynov was sent off for a hard high stick on Mathieu Perreault. The Kings, even in the midst of absolute chaos in and around their net in the final two minutes, managed to hang on to force a Game 7.
Quick was also strong in this elimination game, making 21 saves on 22 shots he faced.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)