May 15, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues could have some big changes in goal this summer and Brian Elliott isn’t sure if he’ll be back.
After another disappointing finish, the Blues have both Elliott and Ryan Miller due for new contracts this summer. As Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares, Elliott isn’t sure if he has a future in St. Louis.
“Honestly, I don’t know,” Elliott said. “From the very beginning of the season, my agent said, ‘Let’s approach the end of the year like you’re going to be a free agent, and if other things happen, that’s fine.’ So I wasn’t hung up on the issue.“
The Blues may be looking to mix things up in goal this summer as they’ve got highly-touted prospect Jake Allen waiting to slide into a starting or backup role next season and may still have interest in keeping Miller.
After Miller’s disappointing performance in the Blues’ six-game loss to the Chicago Blackhawks he may be on the way out. Elliott has been a steady backup for St. Louis, however, and if he’s not re-signed he shouldn’t be out of work long.
Elliott has played three seasons in St. Louis and won the Jennings Trophy with Jaroslav Halak in 2011-12.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 9
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 51
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (53)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)