May 15, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues could have some big changes in goal this summer and Brian Elliott isn’t sure if he’ll be back.
After another disappointing finish, the Blues have both Elliott and Ryan Miller due for new contracts this summer. As Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares, Elliott isn’t sure if he has a future in St. Louis.
“Honestly, I don’t know,” Elliott said. “From the very beginning of the season, my agent said, ‘Let’s approach the end of the year like you’re going to be a free agent, and if other things happen, that’s fine.’ So I wasn’t hung up on the issue.“
The Blues may be looking to mix things up in goal this summer as they’ve got highly-touted prospect Jake Allen waiting to slide into a starting or backup role next season and may still have interest in keeping Miller.
After Miller’s disappointing performance in the Blues’ six-game loss to the Chicago Blackhawks he may be on the way out. Elliott has been a steady backup for St. Louis, however, and if he’s not re-signed he shouldn’t be out of work long.
Elliott has played three seasons in St. Louis and won the Jennings Trophy with Jaroslav Halak in 2011-12.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)