May 15, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues could have some big changes in goal this summer and Brian Elliott isn’t sure if he’ll be back.
After another disappointing finish, the Blues have both Elliott and Ryan Miller due for new contracts this summer. As Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares, Elliott isn’t sure if he has a future in St. Louis.
“Honestly, I don’t know,” Elliott said. “From the very beginning of the season, my agent said, ‘Let’s approach the end of the year like you’re going to be a free agent, and if other things happen, that’s fine.’ So I wasn’t hung up on the issue.“
The Blues may be looking to mix things up in goal this summer as they’ve got highly-touted prospect Jake Allen waiting to slide into a starting or backup role next season and may still have interest in keeping Miller.
After Miller’s disappointing performance in the Blues’ six-game loss to the Chicago Blackhawks he may be on the way out. Elliott has been a steady backup for St. Louis, however, and if he’s not re-signed he shouldn’t be out of work long.
Elliott has played three seasons in St. Louis and won the Jennings Trophy with Jaroslav Halak in 2011-12.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 32
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6