May 15, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues could have some big changes in goal this summer and Brian Elliott isn’t sure if he’ll be back.
After another disappointing finish, the Blues have both Elliott and Ryan Miller due for new contracts this summer. As Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares, Elliott isn’t sure if he has a future in St. Louis.
“Honestly, I don’t know,” Elliott said. “From the very beginning of the season, my agent said, ‘Let’s approach the end of the year like you’re going to be a free agent, and if other things happen, that’s fine.’ So I wasn’t hung up on the issue.“
The Blues may be looking to mix things up in goal this summer as they’ve got highly-touted prospect Jake Allen waiting to slide into a starting or backup role next season and may still have interest in keeping Miller.
After Miller’s disappointing performance in the Blues’ six-game loss to the Chicago Blackhawks he may be on the way out. Elliott has been a steady backup for St. Louis, however, and if he’s not re-signed he shouldn’t be out of work long.
Elliott has played three seasons in St. Louis and won the Jennings Trophy with Jaroslav Halak in 2011-12.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54