May 15, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues could have some big changes in goal this summer and Brian Elliott isn’t sure if he’ll be back.
After another disappointing finish, the Blues have both Elliott and Ryan Miller due for new contracts this summer. As Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares, Elliott isn’t sure if he has a future in St. Louis.
“Honestly, I don’t know,” Elliott said. “From the very beginning of the season, my agent said, ‘Let’s approach the end of the year like you’re going to be a free agent, and if other things happen, that’s fine.’ So I wasn’t hung up on the issue.“
The Blues may be looking to mix things up in goal this summer as they’ve got highly-touted prospect Jake Allen waiting to slide into a starting or backup role next season and may still have interest in keeping Miller.
After Miller’s disappointing performance in the Blues’ six-game loss to the Chicago Blackhawks he may be on the way out. Elliott has been a steady backup for St. Louis, however, and if he’s not re-signed he shouldn’t be out of work long.
Elliott has played three seasons in St. Louis and won the Jennings Trophy with Jaroslav Halak in 2011-12.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)