May 14, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Has Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand been unlucky or undisciplined tonight? He took two penalties in the first 40 minutes of Game 7 against the Montreal Canadiens for incidents involving Canadiens goaltender Carey Price.
The first time he crashed into Price from behind, but it looks like he got tangled up with (and possibly knocked down by) Montreal’s Andrei Markov. The second call was for unsportsmanlike conduct after he snowed the Canadiens netminder.
You can see both incidents below:
Montreal didn’t capitalize on either opportunity, but it was time that the Bruins were forced to shift their focus away from overcoming their deficit. Montreal’s Dale Weise scored just 2:18 minutes into the game and they’ve maintained the lead going into the third period.
Whether or not you want to blame Marchand for those penalties, he still hasn’t been helpful to his team tonight or in the playoffs overall. He’s typically a great secondary scorer for the Bruins, but the 26-year-old forward has no goals and five assists in 11 and two-thirds postseason contests.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)