May 14, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Has Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand been unlucky or undisciplined tonight? He took two penalties in the first 40 minutes of Game 7 against the Montreal Canadiens for incidents involving Canadiens goaltender Carey Price.
The first time he crashed into Price from behind, but it looks like he got tangled up with (and possibly knocked down by) Montreal’s Andrei Markov. The second call was for unsportsmanlike conduct after he snowed the Canadiens netminder.
You can see both incidents below:
Montreal didn’t capitalize on either opportunity, but it was time that the Bruins were forced to shift their focus away from overcoming their deficit. Montreal’s Dale Weise scored just 2:18 minutes into the game and they’ve maintained the lead going into the third period.
Whether or not you want to blame Marchand for those penalties, he still hasn’t been helpful to his team tonight or in the playoffs overall. He’s typically a great secondary scorer for the Bruins, but the 26-year-old forward has no goals and five assists in 11 and two-thirds postseason contests.
- Sabres name Byslma head coach 0
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 3
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 45
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)