May 14, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Has Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand been unlucky or undisciplined tonight? He took two penalties in the first 40 minutes of Game 7 against the Montreal Canadiens for incidents involving Canadiens goaltender Carey Price.
The first time he crashed into Price from behind, but it looks like he got tangled up with (and possibly knocked down by) Montreal’s Andrei Markov. The second call was for unsportsmanlike conduct after he snowed the Canadiens netminder.
You can see both incidents below:
Montreal didn’t capitalize on either opportunity, but it was time that the Bruins were forced to shift their focus away from overcoming their deficit. Montreal’s Dale Weise scored just 2:18 minutes into the game and they’ve maintained the lead going into the third period.
Whether or not you want to blame Marchand for those penalties, he still hasn’t been helpful to his team tonight or in the playoffs overall. He’s typically a great secondary scorer for the Bruins, but the 26-year-old forward has no goals and five assists in 11 and two-thirds postseason contests.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (80)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)