May 14, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Has Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand been unlucky or undisciplined tonight? He took two penalties in the first 40 minutes of Game 7 against the Montreal Canadiens for incidents involving Canadiens goaltender Carey Price.
The first time he crashed into Price from behind, but it looks like he got tangled up with (and possibly knocked down by) Montreal’s Andrei Markov. The second call was for unsportsmanlike conduct after he snowed the Canadiens netminder.
You can see both incidents below:
Montreal didn’t capitalize on either opportunity, but it was time that the Bruins were forced to shift their focus away from overcoming their deficit. Montreal’s Dale Weise scored just 2:18 minutes into the game and they’ve maintained the lead going into the third period.
Whether or not you want to blame Marchand for those penalties, he still hasn’t been helpful to his team tonight or in the playoffs overall. He’s typically a great secondary scorer for the Bruins, but the 26-year-old forward has no goals and five assists in 11 and two-thirds postseason contests.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)