May 14, 2014, 9:09 PM EDT
Has Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand been unlucky or undisciplined tonight? He took two penalties in the first 40 minutes of Game 7 against the Montreal Canadiens for incidents involving Canadiens goaltender Carey Price.
The first time he crashed into Price from behind, but it looks like he got tangled up with (and possibly knocked down by) Montreal’s Andrei Markov. The second call was for unsportsmanlike conduct after he snowed the Canadiens netminder.
You can see both incidents below:
Montreal didn’t capitalize on either opportunity, but it was time that the Bruins were forced to shift their focus away from overcoming their deficit. Montreal’s Dale Weise scored just 2:18 minutes into the game and they’ve maintained the lead going into the third period.
Whether or not you want to blame Marchand for those penalties, he still hasn’t been helpful to his team tonight or in the playoffs overall. He’s typically a great secondary scorer for the Bruins, but the 26-year-old forward has no goals and five assists in 11 and two-thirds postseason contests.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)