May 14, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
It didn’t take long for Montreal to strike in Game 6, and it didn’t take long in Game 7 either.
It was Weise’s third goal of the postseason and second of this series, having previously scored the winner in Game 3. The goal also continued the Canadiens’ recent theme of scoring early, as mentioned above — in Game 6, Lars Eller scored just 2:11 into the first period in what proved to be the game-winner in Montreal’s 4-0 victory.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2