May 14, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban doesn’t care if Boston Bruins fans hate him and if they feel the same way in New York, that’s fine too. His goal isn’t to be the most universally adored man in the sport.
The Boston-Montreal series, which ended tonight with the Canadiens’ 3-1 victory was heated and Subban got into the spirit. Before Game 7, he talked about his hope that it would be a “nasty” and “dirty” contest that featured a loud crowd opposing him at Boston’s TD Garden.
He plays with a lot of passion and has been very effective in the playoffs with four goals and 12 points in 11 contests. Needless to say, he’ll be one of the Rangers biggest adversaries in the Eastern Conference Final.
You can also watch his postgame interview with NBC’s Pierre McGuire below:
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)