May 14, 2014, 11:11 PM EST
Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban doesn’t care if Boston Bruins fans hate him and if they feel the same way in New York, that’s fine too. His goal isn’t to be the most universally adored man in the sport.
The Boston-Montreal series, which ended tonight with the Canadiens’ 3-1 victory was heated and Subban got into the spirit. Before Game 7, he talked about his hope that it would be a “nasty” and “dirty” contest that featured a loud crowd opposing him at Boston’s TD Garden.
He plays with a lot of passion and has been very effective in the playoffs with four goals and 12 points in 11 contests. Needless to say, he’ll be one of the Rangers biggest adversaries in the Eastern Conference Final.
You can also watch his postgame interview with NBC’s Pierre McGuire below:
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)