May 14, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban doesn’t care if Boston Bruins fans hate him and if they feel the same way in New York, that’s fine too. His goal isn’t to be the most universally adored man in the sport.
The Boston-Montreal series, which ended tonight with the Canadiens’ 3-1 victory was heated and Subban got into the spirit. Before Game 7, he talked about his hope that it would be a “nasty” and “dirty” contest that featured a loud crowd opposing him at Boston’s TD Garden.
He plays with a lot of passion and has been very effective in the playoffs with four goals and 12 points in 11 contests. Needless to say, he’ll be one of the Rangers biggest adversaries in the Eastern Conference Final.
You can also watch his postgame interview with NBC’s Pierre McGuire below:
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 8
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)