May 14, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
Even though tonight’s Game 7 between the Bruins and Canadiens is being played at TD Garden, the Bell Centre will still be rocking.
The Habs have sold out their barn — all 21,273 seats — for Wednesday’s win-or-go-home contest, according to NHL.com. The game will be played on the Bell Centre scoreboard video screen, much like it was four years ago when the Canadiens made a surprising run to the Eastern Conference finals.
The Canadiens did the same thing for the two seventh games they played in the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the reaction was just as enthusiastic; the game sold out in less than two hours at $10 a ticket.
“I probably shouldn’t be surprised, but I still am,” Canadiens forward Brendan Gallagher said. “It’s just the passion that comes with the Montreal Canadiens fans.
“Obviously we care a lot in this room, but they care a lot as well about the logo and the history and everything that comes with it.”
Tonight’s contest is the ninth Game 7 between Boston and Montreal in 34 all-time playoff series. Montreal holds a 5-3 edge in wins but the Bruins are 3-2 all-time at home, which includes the 2011 opening round in which Nathan Horton scored in OT to send Boston onto Round 2.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)