May 14, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
It’s a longshot, but it also hasn’t been ruled out entirely.
That’s the story out of Boston regarding the availability of defenseman Dennis Seidenberg for tonight’s Game 7 versus Montreal at TD Garden. Seidenberg, sidelined since Dec. 27 with a torn ACL, has made remarkable strides to get back in playing shape — on Wednesday, he participated in contact drills for the second day in a row — and, as such, head coach Claude Julien was asked about the German rearguard’s chances to play this evening.
When asked if Seidenberg had any chance of playing on Wednesday night in the do-or-die Game 7 against the Habs, Julien gave a long pause before giving the answer everyone expected.
“Ah, I don’t think so,” said Julien. “I’d be very surprised.”
Clearly there’s a very low percentage chance that the Bruins will surprise us all by inserting Seidenberg back into the lineup for Game 7. The more likely scenario is that he gets practices under his belt before returning sometime in the conference finals, or Stanley Cup Final, should be the Bruins advance.
Seidenberg, who averaged nearly 26 minutes per game en route to last year’s Stanley Cup Final, said that week he “could probably play right now” prior to Game 4 in Montreal.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (92)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)