May 14, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
The Eastern Conference Final — between the New York Rangers and the winner of tonight’s Boston-Montreal Game 7 — will start Saturday afternoon.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed the start time today on WFAN radio. He “thinks” the game will start at 1 p.m. ET, but added, “Don’t hold me to that.” So we’ll have to wait for the official confirmation.
No word when the Western Conference Final will start. The Blackhawks are already through to it, with the Ducks-Kings series possibly ending tonight; if not, Game 7 goes Friday in Anaheim.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)