May 14, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Eastern Conference Final — between the New York Rangers and the winner of tonight’s Boston-Montreal Game 7 — will start Saturday afternoon.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed the start time today on WFAN radio. He “thinks” the game will start at 1 p.m. ET, but added, “Don’t hold me to that.” So we’ll have to wait for the official confirmation.
No word when the Western Conference Final will start. The Blackhawks are already through to it, with the Ducks-Kings series possibly ending tonight; if not, Game 7 goes Friday in Anaheim.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32