May 14, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The Eastern Conference Final — between the New York Rangers and the winner of tonight’s Boston-Montreal Game 7 — will start Saturday afternoon.
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed the start time today on WFAN radio. He “thinks” the game will start at 1 p.m. ET, but added, “Don’t hold me to that.” So we’ll have to wait for the official confirmation.
No word when the Western Conference Final will start. The Blackhawks are already through to it, with the Ducks-Kings series possibly ending tonight; if not, Game 7 goes Friday in Anaheim.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)