May 14, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are riding high, but will be without two of their key contributors for the remainder of the Kings series.
Goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both out with lower-body injuries and won’t dress for Game 6 or Game 7 — should the series go that far — head coach Bruce Boudreau confirmed on Wednesday.
The bigger of the two losses is probably Beleskey, who missed four of six games against Dallas and hasn’t played since a 3-2 win over L.A. in Game 3. The rugged winger has been productive when in the lineup though, registering two goals and four points in five postseason games.
Andersen, who started out the playoffs as Anaheim’s No. 1, was dropped from the starter’s gig for the first two games of the Kings series, only to return in Game 3 and stop 22 of 23 shots before leaving with the aforementioned lower-body injury.
That ailment opened the door for John Gibson‘s recall from AHL Norfolk and the rest, as they say, is history.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)