May 14, 2014, 7:17 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks are riding high, but will be without two of their key contributors for the remainder of the Kings series.
Goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both out with lower-body injuries and won’t dress for Game 6 or Game 7 — should the series go that far — head coach Bruce Boudreau confirmed on Wednesday.
The bigger of the two losses is probably Beleskey, who missed four of six games against Dallas and hasn’t played since a 3-2 win over L.A. in Game 3. The rugged winger has been productive when in the lineup though, registering two goals and four points in five postseason games.
Andersen, who started out the playoffs as Anaheim’s No. 1, was dropped from the starter’s gig for the first two games of the Kings series, only to return in Game 3 and stop 22 of 23 shots before leaving with the aforementioned lower-body injury.
That ailment opened the door for John Gibson‘s recall from AHL Norfolk and the rest, as they say, is history.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)