May 14, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are riding high, but will be without two of their key contributors for the remainder of the Kings series.
Goalie Frederik Andersen and forward Matt Beleskey are both out with lower-body injuries and won’t dress for Game 6 or Game 7 — should the series go that far — head coach Bruce Boudreau confirmed on Wednesday.
The bigger of the two losses is probably Beleskey, who missed four of six games against Dallas and hasn’t played since a 3-2 win over L.A. in Game 3. The rugged winger has been productive when in the lineup though, registering two goals and four points in five postseason games.
Andersen, who started out the playoffs as Anaheim’s No. 1, was dropped from the starter’s gig for the first two games of the Kings series, only to return in Game 3 and stop 22 of 23 shots before leaving with the aforementioned lower-body injury.
That ailment opened the door for John Gibson‘s recall from AHL Norfolk and the rest, as they say, is history.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)