May 14, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Drew Doughty is relishing the opportunity to, once again, fight back from the brink of elimination.
“I love these opportunities, I love the pressure,” the Kings’ top defenseman said, per NHL.com. “I know that going into these situations I’m going to be counted upon and in order for us to win I’ve got to be at the top of my game, so, I just look forward to these opportunities.”
Down 3-2 to the Ducks, the Kings have to win tonight at home and Friday in Anaheim to advance to the Western Conference Final. One loss and their season is over.
Doughty was excellent in the four must-win games the Kings played in the first round against the Sharks, with a goal and three assists combined…
…but in three consecutive losses to the Ducks, after L.A. won the first two games of the series, he’s been held pointless, with a minus-2 rating.
“I just want to go out there and play defensively,” Doughty said. “That’s always my main thing, shutting down the other team’s top line, and then after that, trying to get involved in the offense, and still don’t think I’ve played my absolute best this series, so I’m going to need to do it at home [tonight].”
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)