May 14, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
Drew Doughty is relishing the opportunity to, once again, fight back from the brink of elimination.
“I love these opportunities, I love the pressure,” the Kings’ top defenseman said, per NHL.com. “I know that going into these situations I’m going to be counted upon and in order for us to win I’ve got to be at the top of my game, so, I just look forward to these opportunities.”
Down 3-2 to the Ducks, the Kings have to win tonight at home and Friday in Anaheim to advance to the Western Conference Final. One loss and their season is over.
Doughty was excellent in the four must-win games the Kings played in the first round against the Sharks, with a goal and three assists combined…
…but in three consecutive losses to the Ducks, after L.A. won the first two games of the series, he’s been held pointless, with a minus-2 rating.
“I just want to go out there and play defensively,” Doughty said. “That’s always my main thing, shutting down the other team’s top line, and then after that, trying to get involved in the offense, and still don’t think I’ve played my absolute best this series, so I’m going to need to do it at home [tonight].”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)