May 13, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
The officiating crew has been set for tonight’s Game 7 between the Rangers and Penguins.
Referees Marc Joannette and Kevin Pollock will be calling the action, aided by linesmen Scott Driscoll and Steve Miller. Some notes about tonight’s zebras:
— This is the exact same crew that worked Game 6 of the series, a 3-1 Rangers victory in which the Blueshirts were whistled for six penalties (12 PIM) and the Penguins nine (for 26 PIM). It’s worth noting this was the one featuring the now-infamous Henrik Lundqvist water bottle squirt on Sidney Crosby (which netted Lundqvist a $5,000 fine) and Crosby’s alleged spear and slew foot (on Dominic Moore and Dan Girardi.)
— According to Scouting The Refs, this marks the first time this postseason that a referee crew has worked back-to-back games in a series.
— Earlier in the postseason (Round 1, Chicago vs. St. Louis), Pollock and Joannette were part of a rather infamous incident: Joel Quenneville’s “grabby” gesture during an OT loss to the Blues in which the referees failed to make a delay of game call on St. Louis.
— Pollock has worked over 120 Stanley Cup playoff games in his career and was selected to work the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi; Joannette has called over 100 and worked both the 2008 and 2009 Stanley Cup Finals.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (122)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)