May 13, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Two key forwards will be held out of tonight’s elimination game at Xcel Energy Center.
Chicago’s Andrew Shaw, who hasn’t played since suffering a right leg injury on a Clayton Stoner hit in Game 1 of this series, will miss his fifth straight game on Tuesday, head coach Joel Quenneville confirmed. Quenneville, who at the time of Shaw’s injury said the gritty forward was “day-to-day,” acknowledged that Shaw is actually more “day-to-day” now than he was at the beginning of the series, and is hoping to resume skating over the next 48 hours.
Shaw was a vital contributor for the ‘Hawks in their opening-round win over the Blues, scoring four points in six games.
As for the Wild, they’ll be without Matt Moulson for a third straight game due to a lower-body ailment. The 30-year-old winger has been something of a disappointment this postseason, scoring just three points in 10 games, but did register an assist on Erik Haula‘s game-winner in Game 3 versus the ‘Hawks and notched two points in the final three games of the Colorado series.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)