May 13, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Two key forwards will be held out of tonight’s elimination game at Xcel Energy Center.
Chicago’s Andrew Shaw, who hasn’t played since suffering a right leg injury on a Clayton Stoner hit in Game 1 of this series, will miss his fifth straight game on Tuesday, head coach Joel Quenneville confirmed. Quenneville, who at the time of Shaw’s injury said the gritty forward was “day-to-day,” acknowledged that Shaw is actually more “day-to-day” now than he was at the beginning of the series, and is hoping to resume skating over the next 48 hours.
Shaw was a vital contributor for the ‘Hawks in their opening-round win over the Blues, scoring four points in six games.
As for the Wild, they’ll be without Matt Moulson for a third straight game due to a lower-body ailment. The 30-year-old winger has been something of a disappointment this postseason, scoring just three points in 10 games, but did register an assist on Erik Haula‘s game-winner in Game 3 versus the ‘Hawks and notched two points in the final three games of the Colorado series.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)