May 13, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Two key forwards will be held out of tonight’s elimination game at Xcel Energy Center.
Chicago’s Andrew Shaw, who hasn’t played since suffering a right leg injury on a Clayton Stoner hit in Game 1 of this series, will miss his fifth straight game on Tuesday, head coach Joel Quenneville confirmed. Quenneville, who at the time of Shaw’s injury said the gritty forward was “day-to-day,” acknowledged that Shaw is actually more “day-to-day” now than he was at the beginning of the series, and is hoping to resume skating over the next 48 hours.
Shaw was a vital contributor for the ‘Hawks in their opening-round win over the Blues, scoring four points in six games.
As for the Wild, they’ll be without Matt Moulson for a third straight game due to a lower-body ailment. The 30-year-old winger has been something of a disappointment this postseason, scoring just three points in 10 games, but did register an assist on Erik Haula‘s game-winner in Game 3 versus the ‘Hawks and notched two points in the final three games of the Colorado series.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)