May 13, 2014, 12:38 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get some reinforcements into the lineup for tonight’s Game 6 against the Blackhawks, as goalie Darcy Kuemper will dress and back up Ilya Bryzgalov for the first time this series.
Kuemper, who started five games in the opening round against Colorado, suffered an upper-body injury in Game 7 against the Avs and has been held out of action ever since. Journeyman John Curry has dressed as Bryzgalov’s backup through the first five games of the Chicago series, but has yet to see any action.
Kuemper, 24, had played very well prior to getting hurt, going 3-1-1 with a 2.03 GAA and .913 save percentage, recording one shutout.
As for the Wild, tonight’s game will mark the third time this postseason they’ve faced elimination… and the first with Bryzgalov starting. In Game 6 of the opening round, Kuemper stopped 21 of 23 shots for the win, then made 17 saves on 21 shots in Game 7 before Bryzgalov came in and finished things off.
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 4
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 57
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 40
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 12
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 45
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)