May 13, 2014, 12:38 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild will get some reinforcements into the lineup for tonight’s Game 6 against the Blackhawks, as goalie Darcy Kuemper will dress and back up Ilya Bryzgalov for the first time this series.
Kuemper, who started five games in the opening round against Colorado, suffered an upper-body injury in Game 7 against the Avs and has been held out of action ever since. Journeyman John Curry has dressed as Bryzgalov’s backup through the first five games of the Chicago series, but has yet to see any action.
Kuemper, 24, had played very well prior to getting hurt, going 3-1-1 with a 2.03 GAA and .913 save percentage, recording one shutout.
As for the Wild, tonight’s game will mark the third time this postseason they’ve faced elimination… and the first with Bryzgalov starting. In Game 6 of the opening round, Kuemper stopped 21 of 23 shots for the win, then made 17 saves on 21 shots in Game 7 before Bryzgalov came in and finished things off.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)