May 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
To put it simply, they exchanged scoring talent (or at least potential) and youth for brute force, size and experience. Bennett is a 22-year-old in his second abbreviated season with the Penguins and has that first-round pedigree, yet he hasn’t collected a point since the last time Glass, 30, was in Pittsburgh’s lineup. (Bennett had an assist in that Game 1.)
Glass likely isn’t expected to produce much offense. He hasn’t scored in seven playoff games after collecting 13 points in 67 regular season games.
The Rangers are sticking with the same lineup that got them to this Game 7.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5