May 13, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Keith Ballard is refusing to make a federal case out of the illegal hit he received from Chicago’s Brandon Bollig on Friday — even though the hit earned Bollig a two-game suspension for boarding and left Ballard injured.
From Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times:
Ballard is expected to return to Minnesota’s lineup tonight, replacing Nate Prosser on the Wild’s blue line.
As for whether Bollig has reached out via text since the hit, Ballard said too much gets made of that sort of thing.
“I don’t give a [blank],” he said. “I honestly don’t. It’s fine. That’s what happens.”
It’s a good thing Ballard is a professional hockey player and not a sanctimonious sportswriter or crazed internet commenter, because clearly working himself into a frenzy of outrage isn’t a strength.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)