May 13, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Keith Ballard is refusing to make a federal case out of the illegal hit he received from Chicago’s Brandon Bollig on Friday — even though the hit earned Bollig a two-game suspension for boarding and left Ballard injured.
From Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times:
Ballard is expected to return to Minnesota’s lineup tonight, replacing Nate Prosser on the Wild’s blue line.
As for whether Bollig has reached out via text since the hit, Ballard said too much gets made of that sort of thing.
“I don’t give a [blank],” he said. “I honestly don’t. It’s fine. That’s what happens.”
It’s a good thing Ballard is a professional hockey player and not a sanctimonious sportswriter or crazed internet commenter, because clearly working himself into a frenzy of outrage isn’t a strength.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)