May 13, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
Keith Ballard is refusing to make a federal case out of the illegal hit he received from Chicago’s Brandon Bollig on Friday — even though the hit earned Bollig a two-game suspension for boarding and left Ballard injured.
From Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times:
Ballard is expected to return to Minnesota’s lineup tonight, replacing Nate Prosser on the Wild’s blue line.
As for whether Bollig has reached out via text since the hit, Ballard said too much gets made of that sort of thing.
“I don’t give a [blank],” he said. “I honestly don’t. It’s fine. That’s what happens.”
It’s a good thing Ballard is a professional hockey player and not a sanctimonious sportswriter or crazed internet commenter, because clearly working himself into a frenzy of outrage isn’t a strength.
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 1
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 4
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 10
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)