May 12, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
Only one Canadian team made it to the playoffs and that squad is now one loss away from eliminated.
The Canadiens had a 2-1 series lead over Boston with Game 4 in Montreal, but Tuukka Rask stood tall in that critical contest and Bruins forward Matt Fraser was the unlikely overtime hero in his first career playoff game.
That goal shifted the momentum of this series as Boston came out strong in Game 5. Taking advantage of their power-play opportunities, they had a 3-0 lead early in the second period. Montreal rallied back a little, but never got within one goal of the Bruins after that point.
With Montreal fighting for its campaign, two guys to keep an eye on are Canadiens forwards Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. The duo has been lackluster offensively in the postseason and Montreal will have a hard time winning back-to-back games against a team like Boston unless they break out of their respective droughts.
The game will start at 7:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50