May 12, 2014, 7:02 PM EDT
Only one Canadian team made it to the playoffs and that squad is now one loss away from eliminated.
The Canadiens had a 2-1 series lead over Boston with Game 4 in Montreal, but Tuukka Rask stood tall in that critical contest and Bruins forward Matt Fraser was the unlikely overtime hero in his first career playoff game.
That goal shifted the momentum of this series as Boston came out strong in Game 5. Taking advantage of their power-play opportunities, they had a 3-0 lead early in the second period. Montreal rallied back a little, but never got within one goal of the Bruins after that point.
With Montreal fighting for its campaign, two guys to keep an eye on are Canadiens forwards Max Pacioretty and David Desharnais. The duo has been lackluster offensively in the postseason and Montreal will have a hard time winning back-to-back games against a team like Boston unless they break out of their respective droughts.
The game will start at 7:30 p.m. ET and air on NBCSN. You can also stream it online:
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)