May 12, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks came out flying to start the second period of tonight’s Game 5 against Los Angeles, scoring twice in a span of 1:23 to stake out a 3-1 lead at the Honda Center.
The first came courtesy Mathieu Perreault, who drew back into the lineup tonight after missing Game 4 with lower-body ailment:
It was Perreault’s first goal — and first point — of the series. He’d been held off the sheet entirely since registering two points in a win over Dallas in Game 5 of the opening round.
The Ducks weren’t done with Perreault’s goal, however. Less than 90 seconds later, Devante Smith-Pelly scored his fourth of the postseason — and second in as many games — taking a nice Ryan Getzlaf flip pass to deposit past Jonathan Quick:
The Ducks would go on to add a fourth goal midway through the period when Jakob Silfverberg put one past Quick. The way things are going, we could see the home team win a game for the first time in this series.
Update: The Perreault goal has since been given to Smith-Pelly as well.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 6
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)