May 12, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks came out flying to start the second period of tonight’s Game 5 against Los Angeles, scoring twice in a span of 1:23 to stake out a 3-1 lead at the Honda Center.
The first came courtesy Mathieu Perreault, who drew back into the lineup tonight after missing Game 4 with lower-body ailment:
It was Perreault’s first goal — and first point — of the series. He’d been held off the sheet entirely since registering two points in a win over Dallas in Game 5 of the opening round.
The Ducks weren’t done with Perreault’s goal, however. Less than 90 seconds later, Devante Smith-Pelly scored his fourth of the postseason — and second in as many games — taking a nice Ryan Getzlaf flip pass to deposit past Jonathan Quick:
The Ducks would go on to add a fourth goal midway through the period when Jakob Silfverberg put one past Quick. The way things are going, we could see the home team win a game for the first time in this series.
Update: The Perreault goal has since been given to Smith-Pelly as well.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 38
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 115
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (116)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)