May 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Darryl Sutter has been around hockey long enough to know it’s a funny game. Sometimes — actually, fairly often — the final score doesn’t reflect which team controlled the contest.
Case in point, Game 4 of his Kings’ series with the Ducks, a 2-0 Anaheim victory in which Los Angeles doubled the Ducks in shots, 28-14.
And what about Game 2, when it was the opposite scenario: L.A. was badly outshot, 37-17, but managed to win, 3-1?
“It’s the way it goes,” Sutter said yesterday (video).
And is knowing that helpful at this time of the year?
“Yeah, I’m not rattled,” he said. “I’m just thankful I’m alive. I’m fortunate to pull through after a devastating loss last night. Radar and Hawkeye had to get me up to come here today.”
For all you kids out there, that’s a M*A*S*H reference. (Again, he’s been around a while.)
Game 5 of the series goes tonight in Anaheim.
Related: Get your game notes: Kings at Ducks
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 0
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)