May 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Darryl Sutter has been around hockey long enough to know it’s a funny game. Sometimes — actually, fairly often — the final score doesn’t reflect which team controlled the contest.
Case in point, Game 4 of his Kings’ series with the Ducks, a 2-0 Anaheim victory in which Los Angeles doubled the Ducks in shots, 28-14.
And what about Game 2, when it was the opposite scenario: L.A. was badly outshot, 37-17, but managed to win, 3-1?
“It’s the way it goes,” Sutter said yesterday (video).
And is knowing that helpful at this time of the year?
“Yeah, I’m not rattled,” he said. “I’m just thankful I’m alive. I’m fortunate to pull through after a devastating loss last night. Radar and Hawkeye had to get me up to come here today.”
For all you kids out there, that’s a M*A*S*H reference. (Again, he’s been around a while.)
Game 5 of the series goes tonight in Anaheim.
Related: Get your game notes: Kings at Ducks
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 14
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 23
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)