May 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Darryl Sutter has been around hockey long enough to know it’s a funny game. Sometimes — actually, fairly often — the final score doesn’t reflect which team controlled the contest.
Case in point, Game 4 of his Kings’ series with the Ducks, a 2-0 Anaheim victory in which Los Angeles doubled the Ducks in shots, 28-14.
And what about Game 2, when it was the opposite scenario: L.A. was badly outshot, 37-17, but managed to win, 3-1?
“It’s the way it goes,” Sutter said yesterday (video).
And is knowing that helpful at this time of the year?
“Yeah, I’m not rattled,” he said. “I’m just thankful I’m alive. I’m fortunate to pull through after a devastating loss last night. Radar and Hawkeye had to get me up to come here today.”
For all you kids out there, that’s a M*A*S*H reference. (Again, he’s been around a while.)
Game 5 of the series goes tonight in Anaheim.
Related: Get your game notes: Kings at Ducks
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)