May 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Darryl Sutter has been around hockey long enough to know it’s a funny game. Sometimes — actually, fairly often — the final score doesn’t reflect which team controlled the contest.
Case in point, Game 4 of his Kings’ series with the Ducks, a 2-0 Anaheim victory in which Los Angeles doubled the Ducks in shots, 28-14.
And what about Game 2, when it was the opposite scenario: L.A. was badly outshot, 37-17, but managed to win, 3-1?
“It’s the way it goes,” Sutter said yesterday (video).
And is knowing that helpful at this time of the year?
“Yeah, I’m not rattled,” he said. “I’m just thankful I’m alive. I’m fortunate to pull through after a devastating loss last night. Radar and Hawkeye had to get me up to come here today.”
For all you kids out there, that’s a M*A*S*H reference. (Again, he’s been around a while.)
Game 5 of the series goes tonight in Anaheim.
Related: Get your game notes: Kings at Ducks
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)