May 12, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Darryl Sutter has been around hockey long enough to know it’s a funny game. Sometimes — actually, fairly often — the final score doesn’t reflect which team controlled the contest.
Case in point, Game 4 of his Kings’ series with the Ducks, a 2-0 Anaheim victory in which Los Angeles doubled the Ducks in shots, 28-14.
And what about Game 2, when it was the opposite scenario: L.A. was badly outshot, 37-17, but managed to win, 3-1?
“It’s the way it goes,” Sutter said yesterday (video).
And is knowing that helpful at this time of the year?
“Yeah, I’m not rattled,” he said. “I’m just thankful I’m alive. I’m fortunate to pull through after a devastating loss last night. Radar and Hawkeye had to get me up to come here today.”
For all you kids out there, that’s a M*A*S*H reference. (Again, he’s been around a while.)
Game 5 of the series goes tonight in Anaheim.
Related: Get your game notes: Kings at Ducks
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8