May 12, 2014, 11:51 PM EST
Following an emotional Game 6 win over the Bruins at the Bell Center, Montreal defenseman P.K. Subban spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire about what the Habs will be facing on Wednesday night at TD Garden.
“I love it,” Subban said regarding Game 7, per CSNNE.com. “That’s what the playoffs are all about. I hope their crowd is louder than in here [Bell Center.] I hope it gets nasty, I hope it gets dirty because at the end of the game when you’re shaking hands, whoever wins, that’s what the feeling’s all about.
“It’s knowing that you battled, you went through a war and you know what? We’re going to be at the end there standing tall.”
Here’s the full interview:
What’s interesting to note is that, production-wise, Subban has been relatively quiet over the last three games. He’s gone pointless in two — including Game 6 — and has just a single point, a far cry from the opening three games of the series in which he notched three goals and three assists.
Update: More P.K…
P.K. Subban, on Game 7: “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 13, 2014
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)