May 12, 2014, 11:51 PM EDT
Following an emotional Game 6 win over the Bruins at the Bell Center, Montreal defenseman P.K. Subban spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire about what the Habs will be facing on Wednesday night at TD Garden.
“I love it,” Subban said regarding Game 7, per CSNNE.com. “That’s what the playoffs are all about. I hope their crowd is louder than in here [Bell Center.] I hope it gets nasty, I hope it gets dirty because at the end of the game when you’re shaking hands, whoever wins, that’s what the feeling’s all about.
“It’s knowing that you battled, you went through a war and you know what? We’re going to be at the end there standing tall.”
Here’s the full interview:
What’s interesting to note is that, production-wise, Subban has been relatively quiet over the last three games. He’s gone pointless in two — including Game 6 — and has just a single point, a far cry from the opening three games of the series in which he notched three goals and three assists.
Update: More P.K…
P.K. Subban, on Game 7: “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 13, 2014
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)