May 12, 2014, 11:51 PM EST
Following an emotional Game 6 win over the Bruins at the Bell Center, Montreal defenseman P.K. Subban spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire about what the Habs will be facing on Wednesday night at TD Garden.
“I love it,” Subban said regarding Game 7, per CSNNE.com. “That’s what the playoffs are all about. I hope their crowd is louder than in here [Bell Center.] I hope it gets nasty, I hope it gets dirty because at the end of the game when you’re shaking hands, whoever wins, that’s what the feeling’s all about.
“It’s knowing that you battled, you went through a war and you know what? We’re going to be at the end there standing tall.”
Here’s the full interview:
What’s interesting to note is that, production-wise, Subban has been relatively quiet over the last three games. He’s gone pointless in two — including Game 6 — and has just a single point, a far cry from the opening three games of the series in which he notched three goals and three assists.
Update: More P.K…
P.K. Subban, on Game 7: “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 13, 2014
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 1
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)