May 12, 2014, 11:51 PM EST
Following an emotional Game 6 win over the Bruins at the Bell Center, Montreal defenseman P.K. Subban spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire about what the Habs will be facing on Wednesday night at TD Garden.
“I love it,” Subban said regarding Game 7, per CSNNE.com. “That’s what the playoffs are all about. I hope their crowd is louder than in here [Bell Center.] I hope it gets nasty, I hope it gets dirty because at the end of the game when you’re shaking hands, whoever wins, that’s what the feeling’s all about.
“It’s knowing that you battled, you went through a war and you know what? We’re going to be at the end there standing tall.”
Here’s the full interview:
What’s interesting to note is that, production-wise, Subban has been relatively quiet over the last three games. He’s gone pointless in two — including Game 6 — and has just a single point, a far cry from the opening three games of the series in which he notched three goals and three assists.
Update: More P.K…
P.K. Subban, on Game 7: “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 13, 2014
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)