May 12, 2014, 11:51 PM EDT
Following an emotional Game 6 win over the Bruins at the Bell Center, Montreal defenseman P.K. Subban spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire about what the Habs will be facing on Wednesday night at TD Garden.
“I love it,” Subban said regarding Game 7, per CSNNE.com. “That’s what the playoffs are all about. I hope their crowd is louder than in here [Bell Center.] I hope it gets nasty, I hope it gets dirty because at the end of the game when you’re shaking hands, whoever wins, that’s what the feeling’s all about.
“It’s knowing that you battled, you went through a war and you know what? We’re going to be at the end there standing tall.”
Here’s the full interview:
What’s interesting to note is that, production-wise, Subban has been relatively quiet over the last three games. He’s gone pointless in two — including Game 6 — and has just a single point, a far cry from the opening three games of the series in which he notched three goals and three assists.
Update: More P.K…
P.K. Subban, on Game 7: “I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.”
— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 13, 2014
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)