May 12, 2014, 12:08 PM EDT
Here’s the incident in question:
Crosby’s “spear” on Dominic Moore was a hot topic for debate last night, partly because spearing has been one of the most consistent themes throughout this postseason, beginning with Milan Lucic’s on Danny DeKeyser (which resulted in a $5,000 fine) and continuing with Ryan Garbutt’s on Corey Perry (which cost Garbutt $1,474.36).
Lundqvist squirting Crosby with his the water bottle also received plenty of attention, especially in the aftermath of Boston’s Shawn Thornton getting fined $2,230.52 for spraying Montreal’s P.K. Subban in the waning moments of the Bruins’ Game 5 win. Thorton was dinged under the “unsportsmanlike conduct” umbrella and later admitted he “got caught up in the moment,” while Lundqvist took a more, how you say, quizzical approach.
“I always squirt it when I go off the ice,” Lundqvist told reporters, per Sportsnet. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40