May 12, 2014, 12:08 PM EST
Here’s the incident in question:
Crosby’s “spear” on Dominic Moore was a hot topic for debate last night, partly because spearing has been one of the most consistent themes throughout this postseason, beginning with Milan Lucic’s on Danny DeKeyser (which resulted in a $5,000 fine) and continuing with Ryan Garbutt’s on Corey Perry (which cost Garbutt $1,474.36).
Lundqvist squirting Crosby with his the water bottle also received plenty of attention, especially in the aftermath of Boston’s Shawn Thornton getting fined $2,230.52 for spraying Montreal’s P.K. Subban in the waning moments of the Bruins’ Game 5 win. Thorton was dinged under the “unsportsmanlike conduct” umbrella and later admitted he “got caught up in the moment,” while Lundqvist took a more, how you say, quizzical approach.
“I always squirt it when I go off the ice,” Lundqvist told reporters, per Sportsnet. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 5
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 27
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 8
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27