May 12, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
There’s been more than enough angst of late between the Rangers and Penguins. As both teams head for a Game 7 on Tuesday, New York isn’t happy about the way Pittsburgh has been treating Henrik Lundqvist.
“We’re just trying to play,” Vigneault said. “One of the concerns we that have is there’s a lot of poking at our goaltender after the whistle. Always their same guys. They’re supposed to know goaltenders need to be protected.”
The Penguins have been crashing the net hard and trying to get at loose pucks is part of the game, but a lot of the goalmouth scrums wind up happening because of things like this. It’s something every team will do and the Rangers are likely guilty of doing similar things to Marc-Andre Fleury as well.
Then again, this could just be preemptive campaigning to earn a call in Game 7 that could help turn the game in the Rangers’ favor. Gamesmanship is fun.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8