May 12, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
There’s been more than enough angst of late between the Rangers and Penguins. As both teams head for a Game 7 on Tuesday, New York isn’t happy about the way Pittsburgh has been treating Henrik Lundqvist.
“We’re just trying to play,” Vigneault said. “One of the concerns we that have is there’s a lot of poking at our goaltender after the whistle. Always their same guys. They’re supposed to know goaltenders need to be protected.”
The Penguins have been crashing the net hard and trying to get at loose pucks is part of the game, but a lot of the goalmouth scrums wind up happening because of things like this. It’s something every team will do and the Rangers are likely guilty of doing similar things to Marc-Andre Fleury as well.
Then again, this could just be preemptive campaigning to earn a call in Game 7 that could help turn the game in the Rangers’ favor. Gamesmanship is fun.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)